Pay to Win promise has been broken

yes, getting a game 4 days early for 20$ to be able to participate in a race contest is definitely ptw.

1 Like

You oddly ignore how getting to play the game 4 days early is a clear advantage over another player.
Why exactly did you?

1 Like

you could try to stop being poor?

The game is not pay2win. this contest kinda is and it’s stupid. Should have been at season 1 start. Or a contest only server. I think poe has done that.

If 20 dollars is a deal breaker then you wouldn’t win anyway. Most of us can’t afford to lose thousands of dollars not working to devote our life to a contest.

Don’t be so daft, why even say this to another human being?.

What exactly is anyone winning by being able to play 4 days early? I couldn’t care less who gets to 100 first.

Just give the man $20 to upgrade his diablo 4 copy to a dulexe edition. Lol so hard up on “winning” his name on Lilith Statue that he wouldn’t even get to see unless he travels to blizzard HQ or that the blizzard staff would actually care about the names that goes up on Lilith statue.

No its not. Its just not available to you, or others, who are not interested in joining the contest. The contest is first 1000 Hardcore characters to level 100. You can choose to start when the servers go live or not. No one is stopping you from starting tonight, or Tuesday, or even next month! The game goes on sale next week though, so if money is a factor you may need to wait a few days.

People who had review copies already got to 100.

You don’t need to worry.

Race to 100 should be delayed, I’d like to participate but do not want rush/skip anything on my first playthrough… Only reason why someone though it’s good idea would be to make ppl buy in for the early 4day headstart. Awful way to make the game unjoyable on “early” release. I’m sure those who will try to race will probably hate the game very quickly. Just don’t get how this is a good idea at all

TLDR: a whole lot of crying

1 Like

Yes, you can choose to spend 20$ to be entered in the only competition currently in the game.

20$ = pay
Competition = win

This isn’t hard. 20$ to Compete = Pay to Win

2 Likes

Funny coming from a POE content creator that has received and continues to receive pay to win mechanics on a seasonal basis when it was he himself that reported he was getting creator RNG and login que favoritism.

Compete? It’s a pve game where you play solo/group with friends, nobody to compete against except your old gear/level.

Its a pve game with pvp, and there is zero competition outside of Blizz literally putting in a competition for people to partake in.

I’m surprised this post is allowed. Last time I wrote that a week ago I got banned for 7 days for “trolling”. Also you are absolutely correct. Paying 20$ extra to start 4 days earlier in a game with ladder is P2W.

Except the literal race for world first 1000 level 100 in HC that Lizard themselves made.

WTF Blizzard!? Pay to purchase upgrades…?
And WTF is up with forcing Multiplayer…?

Don’t want a screen full of stupid name tags…!!!

2 Likes

You can’t buy anything but cosmetics, and even if third party sites are selling gold blizzard can’t do anything about that. So go crawl back into your hole.

For now lol stash tabs and more characters slots for real cash soon