Overwolf overlay for Diablo 4 BAN?

Can I use the Overwolf overlay bulid for Diablo 4 or will it result in a ban?

These are the types of threads that MVPs and mods and CMs need to pay extra attention to and respond to as these are important questions. My advice is do NOT use third party software to help you in D4. That being said Overwolf is unlikely to get you banned but I wouldnt risk it.

3 Likes

My friend got banned from overwolf so while blizz app is open or games open I wouldn’t touch that app at all.

It’s a pity because it saves time from split screening and annoying alt tabing.

thats what overwolf says:

http s://support.overwolf.com/en/support/solutions/articles/9000182312-overwolf-won-t-get-you-banned

i assume they wont say that if they werent clear on that, but yea, a note from blizzard would be good

id doubt that actually. sometimes i play a little league of legends, which i use overwolf for while having d4 still in the background. furthermore, they wouldnt have said "you are banned for overwolf, as their mails just say “3rd party software”.

That’s what he told me. I know he bought a new account so /shrug.

I’m not surprised though because blizzard can’t control what an overlay of any sort displays or sees, which is the exact reason turbohud is not allowed.

So user beware.

1 Like

yea id def be careful too, but i really dont think overwolf would post that in its faqs.

But yea, as you said yourself, better to have something from blizz themself

edit: eventually something to keep in mind for the next Q&A cause i doubt we will hear something here

well per blizzard, any third party program of any kind and its a ban. so ya i would say overwolf can get you a ban if they feel like doing it. and with the dupes going around right now, i wouldnt do anything to bring their attention to you. bans be a coming.

1 Like

reading the OW Article i wonder if they have a policy if something indeed gets you banned lol.

edit: didnt find anything on that matter but i did check this overlay out.
It doesnt show anything secret or gives you an advantage. its basically just like one of those helltide maps people are using for chests? Id assume it wont cause a drama, but yea, personally, im better safe than sorry especially with the banhammer in their hand ready to smite some people ^^

Why is third party software needed to play?

Just play the game. The game is not difficult.

4 Likes

Damn. Can’t use my mouse driver anymore.

1 Like

Of course they would say that their software won’t get you banned. They aren’t going to say “yeah you’ll probably get banned using our overlay.”

That would be incredibly stupid.

3 Likes

yea but overwolf isnt some shady cheat distributer. Personally i only know it from League of legends.

1 Like

Open a ticket and ask support if you are not certain about anything you want to use that is 3rd party software.
They can tell you if it is authorized to be used.

Nothing anyone else says here is a guarantee you will not get into trouble.

1 Like

They absolutely will not. They’ll just say “No 3rd party apps.”

1 Like

3rd party = ban.

Use at your own risk.

yea doubt there will be an answer on that either via ticket. i think the best way would be to pin them down on it in the next Q&A

It was answered a long time ago, in fact I can probably still find the blue post if I cared enough to look. But you care, so go look.

yea i know the standardized answer, but they also leaned in to tolerate 3rd party software, for example multiboxing, as long as you handle each client individually and dont let a software copy the inputs from one client, to another. Technically its still a 3rd party software you are using along with the game. ^^

i def dont think itd hurt to have it up on a QA again sometime.

You’re going to get the same answer.

“No third party apps.”

as they said in this topic i think it’s better to keep clear from ANY kind of third party program that can affect diablo 4 some way or another.

1 Like