Only game I die a lot in & Loot table in the Pit

This maybe is a weird one,
But D4 is the game that I die most in.
Oneshotting bosses, oneshotting monsters outside of screenview, oneshotting monsters hidden behind a door/wall/entrance etc. Insane use of CC and annoying mechanics that makes D4 feel like an arcade game and not a Hack and slash. my spacebar is wearing out 10x times faster than the rest.

Even PoE where I kill Ubers and farm extremely juiced maps doesnt punish me this much and if it does its because in the end Im getting something for it. However D4 is the opposite, it wants to punish you so bad. Like doing The Pit and your equipment needs repairs… Well too bad then the map will collapse and its a new Pit run.

and the Pit bosses, well we all know how they feel to fight atm. Resurrected Malice and Echo of Lilith sound familiar? :wink:

Loot Table in the Pit should have a rework.
We’ll be spending so much time in there and we are not getting anything to show for it. The current Tempering system is making this a frustrating experience. If we got Boss materials, increased Grater Affix drops it would help a lot when you need to redo a 12/12 masterworked item. It would give the players some other thing to do and regain energy for more Pit farming. Or give us a lot of gold and let us trade for them even would be better.

1 Like

one shot mechanic with their trash server , how can u dodge when sudden lag

visual clarity is a huge issue as well. What percentage of your deaths do you say something like “WTF happened?!”

For me it’s at least 75% lol

I would question whether you actually play PoE based on that statement.

Here are some ideas for the Pit:

1. Soft Caps and Diminishing Returns: Introduce soft caps or diminishing returns on enemy damage scaling. After a certain point, the increase in enemy damage per floor could reduce, making it more manageable. This keeps the challenge without making it impossible.
  2. Skill-Based Scaling: Scale enemy abilities in a way that challenges player skill rather than just increasing raw damage. For example, introduce more complex enemy attack patterns, environmental hazards, or mechanics that require strategic thinking and quick reflexes instead of just higher damage output.
  3. Better Reward Systems: Provide better rewards for progressing to higher floors, which in turn help players survive. These rewards could include unique items, powerful gear, or temporary buffs that significantly boost players’ defenses or health.
  4. Health and Shield Mechanics: Introduce mechanics that allow players to gain temporary shields or health boosts upon defeating certain enemies or completing specific objectives within the dungeon. This could provide a way to recover and continue progressing despite the increasing difficulty.
  5. Enhanced Strategy and Preparation: Allow players to engage in more strategic preparation before tackling higher floors. This could include selecting specific consumables that are particularly effective against the types of enemies and challenges they will face.

If D4 is the game in which you die the most I assume you have never touched Last Epoch. In that game if you go with HP build literally ANY trash mob can one-shot you at corruption 800+, ANY! And if you think that the corpse ballistas are sh1t in D4, you have to see the flower-type ballistas in LE! These mobs are literally minimum 2 screens away from you. Often time you even have to walk around a whole screen just to find them and see where they are shooting you from. All while trying to avoid 1-shots from any other mob around you. You guys really complain too much. Go try LE, then come back to D4 and see the difference.

1 Like