One Solution to constant Fenris Crashes

Hello,

since two weeks (start of season 4), i had constant fenris crashes to desktop.

I have been at these forums constantly, gpu&mobo drivers are up to date, windows updates installed. DLSS etc. was turned of, still constant crashes.

I am on a Gigabyte Z790 Mobo, 13900K, 3080ti.

Today, i found a solution for MY fenris crashes:

First off, you might have heard of the problem that the default settings for current motherboards are way too overtuned. If you have not heard of this problem, please watch Jayztwocents- “motherboard default settings could be cooking your cpu” on youtube.

The solution is to change settings in your bios as such, i copied these following steps from a reddit post “optimizing stability for Intel 13900k and 14900k CPU’s”:

ASUS Z790 Motherboards:

Save your current settings into a profile so you can return to them later if you want.

Reset your BIOS to default settings. Ai Tweaker tab:

Disable MultiCore Enhancement.

Enable XMP(if your RAM supports it).

Set SVID behavior to Typical Scenario.

Set short duration turbo power = 253

Set long duration turbo power = 253

Set max core/cache current = 307Amps

Boot into windows and test. If you are still unstable, go back to BIOS and set SVID behavior to “Trained”. If you’re still unstable on “Trained”, then revert back to your previous config. This guide is not for you.

Gigabyte Motherboards:

Save your current settings into a profile so you can return to them later if you want.

Reset your BIOS to default settings.

Enable XMP(if your RAM supports it).

Set Package Power Limit 1 = 253

Set Package Power Limit 2 = 253

Set Core Current Limit = 307Amps

After this, one Player (Thank you Avenlord) in this forum gave me the final tip:

Deactivate “Intel Turbo Boost” in your bios.

Ever since, i did not have a single crash and my temperatures went form 80-90 to constant 50°.

I hope this helps,

see you in sanctuary