OMG these sorc buffs are amazing!

Also, I would say that 99% of the community doesn’t even realize it is broken nor has Blizzard acknowledged that it is.

Nah. Season 2 maybe. Too many people have a free season 1 battlepass to ignore it.

To add a little more sarcasm… my basic ability definitely feels good now. Instead of taking 5-6 casts of it to kill a basic mob it now takes 5-6 casts of it to kill a basic mob.

4 Likes

not much of an recorder haha, but they changed the mechanic so each shard does the base dmg. so you can actually do massive dmg close range now.

millions of crits is the same concept with other skills, frozen / stun / immobilize with staff, highest crit I ve gotten was around 6m, but the wonderful thing is if u use the frozen orb aspect, u can spam at range, and enemies are almost always vulnerable and frozen, so it allows ranged play too.

1 Like

I’ve never played frozen orb. Can i just swap out my ice shards for it and keep my same build?

At least my Arc Lash Sorc still works the same ^^

1 Like

I’m still not impressed with these minor increments. Even with cackling at an extra 5%, the base damage to start with is so low, the extra 5% increases it by a tiny amount.

Going full lightning build without having any other element to make mobs vulnerable is awful. Still the damage is no way near the 600k-1mill that other classes are doing and also doing it while being tanky.

Frost > Fire/Lightning

When Season 1 drops I’ll be rolling anything but Sorc.

1 Like

yes, I was ice shard, I simply switched out shard for orb, and it works the same

2 Likes

Couldn’t even give the third enchantment slot back. These buffs aren’t any better than what every other class got.

2 Likes

Ok I will check it out thanks

IIRC - Combustion was fixed a few days ago in a hotfix that specifically targeted Combustion; from what I’ve seen the “Not yet learned” still appears when trying to spec for it, but others did some testing with/without it and noticed that it did seem to work.

Just that the actual testing for it basically needs you to get naked and take off anything that would boost your damage, go outside of town and try to set up on a mob that’ll live long enough, for you to see the ~10-20% extra damage from having 3+ sources of burning applied.

In practice it wasn’t enough to actually “fix” how for a key passive, and for how “damage over time” heavy that Burning/Combustion builds are, it’s still “slow” compared to most anything else.

But at least they fixed Burning Instinct now to apparently also include base crit damage. So I guess that’s nice.

They can’t even change the way resistances work before season 2 because, in their words, the season 1 patch is basically already done.

What we see is what we’ll get and nothing else.

Today I was playing helltide wt4 solo as usual and a druid “joined” my fight, the another fight was a barb and so a rogue… I was shocked about how strong the are. All 7-10 levels less than me and cleared whole elite packs in seconds.

I already knew, but today I was shocked how sorc is behind the other classes. I wanted change build but before respec I was waiting for this patch, but now I realize how ingenuous I was…

Time to choose another class.

I feel the same. I even rolled a few alts to 30s-40s and they felt better than my sorc at those levels. Im 75 now and I feel like I am too deep in to bother re-rolling now.

I will say that I am glad at 60 when chain lightning build really fell like it dropped off a cliff that I changed to ice shards back then. Ice shards is 10000 times better. I would have honestly quit if I didn’t. CL was just that bad. I can’t believe they didn’t touch it.

2 Likes

This sucks so much dude

3 Likes

Where is the buff list? Only seeing some confused numbers jumping up 2%

1 Like

Lam Esen’s wrath unleashed!

2 Likes

I would have taken that 2% if it was ice shards damage buff

At least it would have been SOMETHING

This is legit nothing

Wow teleport directly into NM dungeon so now you can see how frail your class is an die even more quickly!
Cool
Thanks blizz

I need fundamental class changes

There is nothing they can do, literally nothing, that will trump this need

4 Likes

These changes do not change anything. Not a single build, or skill, is remotely close to ice shard. And I have been playing lightning sorc since release. These limited changes will do nothing. The difference between cold and everything else is miles.

Above all, vulnerable damage needs to be reworded across the game. If not, then lightning and fire will need access to it.

3 Likes

I’ll have to try this out. I’m specced lightning now but I’m over spamming basic skills and defensive CDs

The fundamental class change you want is rolling a different class.

6 Likes