OMG these sorc buffs are amazing!

So happy to hear that, I find ice shards really boring and basic.

guys, try frozen orb, I think it’s the new meta, because they changed the mechanics on it, now it works how it suppose to work, every shard expeled does the base damage, not just all the shards combined into total.

it’s ridiculous damage

I prob missed it but was combustion even fixed? Ya know the key passive for burning? or maybe its not broken I must be losing my mind.

I want to try it but I’m currently a firewall build and re-farming all my gear for +frost damage is going to be painful.

That said I’m really looking for a change - since it’s clear from these patch notes blizz doesn’t care about pyro sorc at all lol

1 Like

It had best be only one or two of the pages.

Just in time for nobody to be able to play with them and know what to do before committing to a seasonal character. Wonderful!

I admit, that was about the only nice thing in the notes. Of course I am not really seeing a future of Lightning Spear sorcerers dawning, what with cooldowns, a measely 10% of Crackling Energy proc’ing one if you use Chain Lightning as an Enchantment, and the aspect for Chain Lightning having at best a 40% chance of going off, gated by cooldown).

They fixed it in the last hotfix

I think it just turns out multiplying your damage by x1.04 is kind of just not really very good.

1 Like

Wtf? Are they just forcing sorcerers into 1 build? Ice Shards? So upset! All the popular classes got buffs. No room for lightening and fire sorceres end game. Atleast that’s what blizzard is telling us.

4 Likes

its for season 1, I’m lvl 100 exp buff means nothing to me. the sorc buff was really a joke outside of few highlight like lightning spear

1 Like

to be fair, u can play anything at lvl 60 or under. just above that we all need to switch to cold, namely blizzard spike build. everything else just not good

I was trucking along with my firewall sort of vaguely hoping they would buff it. I’m still not done the renown grind. I’ll probably just finish off my two remaining regions on WT1 then just make a rogue or something. Possibly I could respec to frost orb but I’m kind of discouraged from even looking at a sorc anymore.

Too bad cause I really like female sorc’s general gear look. Definitely up my aesthetic alley.

LMAO, I am critting millions with frozen orb…

hopefully they don’t touch it again…

1 Like

I mean they didn’t even fix the bug that Conceited Aspect (15-25% dmg while you have a barrier), one of our standard and most powerful aspects, is literally not working at all. Just does not increase damage. That alone would be a bigger buff to the class than any of these balance changes. This is ridiculous.

Rumor has it that Conceited Aspect will be fixed in the expansion for another $70.

3 Likes

a little correction to be more in phase with reality

Show proof with video or picture of evidence. Would go a long way before I even attempt at respeccing.

3 Likes

Also, I would say that 99% of the community doesn’t even realize it is broken nor has Blizzard acknowledged that it is.

Nah. Season 2 maybe. Too many people have a free season 1 battlepass to ignore it.

To add a little more sarcasm… my basic ability definitely feels good now. Instead of taking 5-6 casts of it to kill a basic mob it now takes 5-6 casts of it to kill a basic mob.

4 Likes

not much of an recorder haha, but they changed the mechanic so each shard does the base dmg. so you can actually do massive dmg close range now.

millions of crits is the same concept with other skills, frozen / stun / immobilize with staff, highest crit I ve gotten was around 6m, but the wonderful thing is if u use the frozen orb aspect, u can spam at range, and enemies are almost always vulnerable and frozen, so it allows ranged play too.

1 Like

I’ve never played frozen orb. Can i just swap out my ice shards for it and keep my same build?

At least my Arc Lash Sorc still works the same ^^

1 Like