Offline mode or private server, please!

Playing all the other Diablo games, yes including immortal, I was so excited when I found out about Diablo IV, but one thing has really bothered me from the first moment I realized, and saw this ridiculousness, online required. All that did, honestly, was make me extremely cautious about it, but since I missed the open beta due to scheduling conflicts I was so excited to find out they were doing a server slam, and I tried it out and to my surprise it was fantastic!! Only one thing I missed, I had NO idea as soon as the world opened up there were going to be other players EVERYWHERE and usually that would not bother me but the simple fact that there is no option, and Iā€™m being forced to play with strangers, and if that is your thing great, but an option would be nice!! I have social anxiety and play games to escape not only people in reality but reality itself, I did not expect to pay $100 to get thrown in with strangers that can view my personal profile at will and just follow me around doing God knows whatā€¦I know this sounds crazy but itā€™s really not, if I want to play online I can go on my phone and play immortal, which there I am not part of a clan or anything and am doing just fine without having to pay any money being paragon level 152, but please, for the love of everything good and evil, and to all Diablo fans out there that agree, PLEASE make an offline mode, at least make it an option to enjoy my game and immerse myself in more Diablo or please make private servers, thatā€™s all Iā€™m asking!! Honestly Iā€™m not comfortable getting back on and playing until this is fixed, so please please please just add an option for private server or offline mode so I can play again!! Thank you for your time and I really hope this makes a change for the better, if this is fixed I will absolutely LOVE this game and will play it for all of eternity!!

5 Likes

Yes, itā€™s a pretty sad ā€˜featureā€™. Not everyone wants to play games with others, especially Diablo. This isnā€™t Call of Duty or Battlefield. Imagine running around one of the ā€œUnchartedā€ games on Playstation and seeing random strangers as Nathan Drake or other main characters, swinging, running, climbing, and shooting about. No thanks!

1 Like

There is no way they are going to make an Diablo a private server game. Diablo 1 had multiplayer capabilities up to 4 players who you could group up with or fight and every game afterwards had more players available in the game to either play with or not but they were always there.
As technology and speed of connecting to the internet itā€™s only logical to add even further players to the game, especially since there are so many events based around multiple players. Youā€™re honestly asking them to rebuild the game.
it was announced from day one that you will see other players roaming around while you are. This isnā€™t a surprise or something dropped in the news at the last minute. lol

This is not the right forum for this.
You should move it to the PC General Discussion or Console Discussion.

You can do so by clicking on the pencil icon and selecting one of these forums in the drop-down menu below the topic field.

Maybe for people who frequent the forums, who watch every teaser video or read every dev diary. But for average folks, like me, who just like the franchise, read/watched a few random snippets over the past couple years (never the forums), and couldnā€™t wait for Diablo IV to come out, this was a shock.

And that ā€œDay 1ā€ claim I kind of doubt. Can you provide evidence of that? Because the first thing I remember seeing on ā€œDay 1ā€ was a cinematic trailer, Iā€™m pretty sure (?)ā€¦ and any snippets of gameplay I saw or character highlights I viewed over the years, did not show a bunch of random players named, ā€œDiabloRocks4221ā€ or ā€œMetalMan834ā€ running around.

I figured there would be online stuff, like, where you can team up with friends as always, if you want. Or probably join with random online adventurers, if you want.

But they took online to a whole new level for the main franchise by invading the single-player campaign with public MMO elements, when weā€™re just trying to play a single-player campaign as we have for the past 3 games in the franchise :frowning:

Honestly, after beating the game once on my own in single-player fashion, I would probably dabble in online a bit. Iā€™ve never done so in the past (except with a friend in Diablo 2), but would be willing to try. But the fact that we canā€™t just play the game by ourselves at least one timeā€¦ the first time (or whenever we want, for that matter)ā€¦ is sad.

1 Like