NVIDIA DLSS Frame Generation *still* disabled after patch

Patch 1.4.1 states Frame Generation is fixed but it’s still disabled for me. Anyone else? Edit - I have a 4080 FE driver 555.85 released May 20th.

PC Only] Fixed issues with NVIDIA DLSS Frame Generation, a setting available to players with NVIDIA 4000 series graphics cards, which was temporarily disabled due to stability issues. These issues have been fixed, and the setting has been re-enabled.

9 Likes

disabled for me as well

Came here looking for this – It is greyed out for me aswell.

Frame generation is still greyed out for me aswell.

We have to enable it server side and are going to be doing this in the next few hours.

7 Likes

Did you actually read the technical support section the past few days (ever since May/16/2024 patch) I’m 100% sure the reason why so many ppl reporting they have crashes of the game is because this thing is disabled and causing anyone else who are NOT using the 40series to crash. The thing u disable doesn’t only for Frame Gen but also affecting other issues that other users who are using different GPU/PC hardware to crash! Clown team!

1 Like

same here still disabled

Then why claim the feature was enabled when in fact it is still disabled? Makes zero sense…

1 Like

small indie dev. coordinating a patch schedule like this is really difficult on their budget

Thank you for the quick reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

frame generation was working there for about an hour… but has been greyed out again. Any updates?

Same, I cant even play though. Logged in, started running and froze up. Game crashes right away, havent been able to play on my pc in awhile.

Its called patch notes were posted before release, things change. Stop crying you big baby.

@oakenD: Looks like you didn’t read the patch note of 1.4.1.
Frame Gen is supposed to be enabled.

1 Like

One Eternity Later

(It’s been 7 hours since the Pez post)

1 Like

“We have to enable it server side and are going to be doing this in the next few hours.”

A little advice Blizzard:

Us reasonable users (not the whiners) appreciate the tireless work you do on these games. We also recognize the monumental task that it is to keep up with all the bug fixes, not to mention dealing with the unintended side effects that can occur when implementing said fixes.

However, in the future, instead of mentioning it in pre-introduced patch notes, it might be better to re-introduce previously disabled features in one of your soft fixes and then announce it after the fact. Or at the VERY least, make a side note in parenthesis on the patch note that the feature will need to be re-enabled over a period of a few hours in the way you just said. I’d been looking forward to seeing this feature reenabled ever since reading the patch notes a week ago, and I had assumed (like most people, I’m betting,) that frame generation would simply be available again right after the patch update installed.

When frame generation didn’t re-enable after seeing the latest patch had installed (even verifying the exact patch build), I spent a couple hours going through my various settings and I even resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling the game in hopes of fixing it, thinking there was an issue with my own computer. I’d probably still be troubleshooting if I hadn’t run across this thread. If I had known before this that you needed to introduce it server side after implementing the latest patch, it would have saved me the headaches of the last 1-2 hours. That being said, thanks for all the work you do!

8 Likes

Practice what you preach troll.

What about all of us other plebs
Whose game got unplayable after 16-05 patch

What do we need to do buy rtx 4090 for the game we paid since it was working for our specs when it came out !!!

2 Likes

still disabled on my end, has it been enabled yet?

I also spent hours updating drivers, reinstalling windows, uninstallimg and reinstalling diablo, and even checking BIOS. The blue screen of death into crash reports upon opening the game client with my nvidia 3080 was unberable. I worked all day and just wanted to grind out on this great season before it comes to an end.

I feel the pain and agree with your post.

Note: I resorted to console once I found the problem was server side not my equipment. Big sad.