Nvidia Broadcast keeps being crashed by Diablo 4

While playing Diablo 4 after some time it crashes my nvidia broadcast app and stops my microphone working in discord. Then shortly after Diablo goes in to 30fps mode and eventually crashes.

What the hell is Diablo 4 doing in the background to cause so much issues with that Nvidia app?

EDIT: added this post below, because its affecting me also…

" Lachesis580

Nvidia Share/Shadowplay is affected too everytime it crashes and even after turning Diablo 4 off you can’t restart it.
1.) Nvidia Overlay is completely gone no way to restart is (unknown error)
2.) Overlay works but Shadowplay is gone and can’t be switched on again switches directly back to off.
And with both cases only a whole PC Restart helps… So damn annoying. "

10 Likes

This is happening to me too.

i also get 20 fps mode whenever i try to use nvidia broadcast as an audio input/output. ingame chat, xbox game chat or discord chat all have the same effect.

Same Problem here. Lets hope for a fix from Blizzard or Nvidia.

1 Like

Also affected, bumping.

1 Like

Got the same issue.
Discord is set to Nvidia Broadcast microphone and Diablo 4 running.
Everything is fine for a bit then randomly the FPS tanks in-game and people don’t hear me anymore on Discord.

As soon as I set the input to my regular headset mic the issue disappears.

1 Like

Same problem here, after a few minutes ingame, nvidia brodcast will tank the hole gpu performance and the game drops to ~30 frames.

If you disable the filter effect in nvidia brodcast it go up to max fps again.
It’s just in Diablo 4.

1 Like

this happens to me too and it sucks. i can’t hang out with my friends while playing the game, and I need to have broadcast running to eliminate background noise.

This is the same for me, just crashed my computer…

1 Like

Happening to me as well.

Same here. I am so glad it ain’t just me. I was worried I had messed up a setting somewhere.

Same story it’s about 30 min into use and OBS loses connection to NVIDIA Broadcast. Frame rate drops, mic drops.

Have to close out Diablo to make everything work again.

Hope there is a fix soon.

Also having the same issue, Blizzard please look into what’s causing this.

Consistently causing my nvidia broadcast to use up all of my GPU left over from what D4 isnt using (about 30-40%) and then I sound like a robot to my friends in discord. This also causes my game to start lagging massively dropping down to 20-30 fps.

Closing Nvidia Broadcast solves the FPS lag, and using my regular mic is fine.

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

I had similar issues, try to disable your microphone in Audio Voice Settings (or set it to its original output, e.g. not Nvidia Boardcast). Seems to be working for the last few hours at least…

GL
Gil

Exactly the same for me. I unfortunately had to uninstall Nvidia Broadcast to bring Diablo 4 and Discord back to normal.

1 Like

same here, so bad experience

Same issues.
I also recognise problems with icue integration. Everytime Dia4 starts while Broadcast is on, my AiO Capellix starts randomly disconnecting from their usb port.

Hoping for a fix, as this is suspected to be caused by vram overload from Diablo, when you travel between cities or had to load lots of world information into your vram. It also happens when you alt-tab too frequently. Diablo seems not to free the vram again and causes an overload which brings broadcast to crash and therefore causes more problems.

Hoping for a patch on either blizzards side (freeing vram) and driver side from Nvidia.

Cheers!

1 Like

Same thing happening to me as well. The entire game crashes and sometimes hard locks my computer. If you exit the game and load back in, it will begin working again for a little while until this begin happening again. Usually, I will start to see a stutter in the game then users in discord say I sound robotic until it freezes out entirely.

This is most likely due to the huge VRAM usage that Diablo 4 is taking and not releasing on the graphics card, but just to make sure I have this posted on here…

Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 3080

Oh this got a lot of replies. I figured it was a “just myself” issue and wouldn’t get replies. Sorry to see everyone else getting the issue as well :(.

I had to uninstall nvidia broadcast until its fixed.

Sounds like either Nvidia or Blizzard or both need to work on a solution. Software conflicts at its finest.

So the best solution for now is to not use Nvidia broadcast till this is resolved.

Nvidia Share/Shadowplay is affected too everytime it crashes and even after turning Diablo 4 off you can’t restart it.
1.) Nvidia Overlay is completely gone no way to restart is (unknown error)
2.) Overlay works but Shadowplay is gone and can’t be switched on again switches directly back to off.
And with both cases only a whole PC Restart helps… So damn annoying.