No sound after the last update to S2

Same problem. Before S2 update evething was normal.

Probably you are right. No device appears in the sound ouput for me too.

I have the same problem no sound!!!

Hi,
Exactly the same: no sound since the season 2 update. Everything works for the sound except for Diablo 4.
If it helps, I got a Realtek for sound. No device shown in audio devices list in Sound menu for Diablo 4.
Looking already for a fix.

2 Likes

No sound for me, tried everything.

Same here, sometimes I have sound, sometimes I have none. Also no sound output in the sound options, when there is no sound, it shows an output, when sound is working. Rebooting the PC helped so far. I also use Realtek for sound (on a Asus ROG Z-390-F MB). Realtek Drivers are updated. The issue started with the update for S2.

2 Likes

Same here, never had any problem before season 2.

Connecting bluetooth earphones sometimes make the sound work.

In all cases, the sound menu shows no sound output device even when it’s working.

1 Like

bump. same problem. Sound work on all other games and blizzard games. Sound worked at S2 launch. but after a windows update yesterday (17.10.2023) it stopped. Not sure if it is related. Seems like it cant find the sound drivers for any output as nothing shows in the option menu in game.

Same issue here. There isn’t any sound output device to choose from in the sound options menu. No issues before the patch.

2 Likes

dont reinstall the game, it didnt solve it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, my work around is to add/remove an input device. If is start with my headphones plugged in, when I unplug them the sound will miraculously work, however if start without my headphones plugged in, plugging them in will then trigger the sound to work on my headphones. [Once sound is working I can choose either/or until I restart the game…then its back to square one…]

1 Like

Believe it or not, that helps.

That would indicate a different sort of issue.

Let me check something.

OK.

I would like anyone having this issue to do the following:

Open the LocalPrefs.txt file located in Documents\Diablo IV

In here, look for these 3 lines:

SoundDriver “0”
AudioDevice “-176758292”
SpeakerMode “4”

I want you to post with the values yours show. So we can see if they are same or different.

SoundDriver “0”
AudioDevice “0”
SpeakerMode “0”

This is what they are after I did the work around. I will amend this with values while is broken next time I have the issue

• Next time I ran the game I checked and still have “0” for all values

Hi,
Quick update, I have now v1.2.0.46321 and sound is back.
Good to see an update was enough to correct the issue.
Cheers

Same here. Even scan and repair didnt work.

Same problem, uninstalled reinstalled, upgraded to Windows 11 nothing works, all other games apps fine.

1 Like

If someone have problems with sound (ifit works like for 80% of all sounds):

Settings - System - Sound - More sound settings - Right click on your device (Headphones in my case) - Properties - Spatial sound - Set it to ‘Off’

Mb you also need to disable ‘Virtual Surround’ in ‘Enhancements’ tab. In my case it helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have updated all the drivers, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The problem persists.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Main Thread] Intermittent/No Sound Output Device since Season 2 - Oct 19th 2023

same issue here… any resolution?