Nice try BLizzard. These "Runewords" are just legendary gems from D3

Just adding the D2 name to a D3 system does not make it Runewords.

This gem system is also the P2W mechanics in Diablo Immortal where you can level upp these gems to make them even stronger. So… lets see how far Blizzard will be pushing Diablo Immortal P2W into D4 in coming months. At least this system is already P2W in the sence you have to pay 40-95 dollars to use it. :wink:

Nice trick tho… The PR department must have been working overtime last week to come up with something that is not totally ripped out of D3.

13 Likes

You guys need to align…
Other threads stated that the glyphs are legendary gems.
Is everything a legendary gem?

7 Likes

What you on about? The glyph system has been changed now to EXACTLY work like it did in D3. The only difference is the name of the content where you level it up in. In D3 it was called Greater Rifts - But in D4 its The Pit. Even almost identical gameplay.

2 Likes

He wanted to complain about you an had no argument.

So he is referring to totally different people from a different system work different arguments to debunk you.

Classic forum troll behavior

1 Like

So are you talking about glyphs or runes then?

3 Likes

I clarified your misunderstanding on both these systems :slight_smile:

I suggest you go read up on the basic systems in Diablo games before showing your ignorance on the topic here on the forums :wink:

Hell, you might even practice the PTR by playing some D3 until Wednesday :smiley:

4 Likes

D3 runewords whaaaaaat? Sorry you lost me. Try explaining it like im st00pid

2 Likes

You have to ask the PR team at Blizzard to explain it. It’s well known practice in the F2P business to make things complicated enough for players just buying stuff without thinking.

The short version… This new system has nothing to do with Runewords.

wait. am i a legendary gem?

7 Likes

I just don’t like I might lose out on 45% life but maybe that won’t matter so much then.

He is saying that the actual runewords they implementing looks more like the gems of D3.
Not like the runewords from Diablo II.

Diablo II Runewords:
Add stats, powerfull affixes, for example:

All you see in this image, is the work of a Runeword.

Now a gem from D3 usually gives some effect:

9 Likes

Yes exactly - Blizzard is just playing with words to create Hype for something they are not actually delivering. D4 players should know this method very well by now.

D3 legendary gems became Glyphs on Paragon boards in D4. So Blizzard already had a free system in the old D3 socket system to tag into. But it has nothing to do with actual Runewords. Other than the word they came up with.

But I can see why some players here who don’t know the systems are getting confused. That was exactly the goal from the PR team. Then players would not even bother to double check how things actually worked :wink:

1 Like

Yeah that was clear, but the comparison to the gems make no sense to me.
Most gems are not conditional. Gems can be leveled up. Gem use a single slot and doesn’t require mix and matching.
There is just as many difference between the D4 runes and the D3 gems than there are between D4 and D2 runes.
It’s like those people saying that D4 legendaries drop just as often as D3 legendaries, when D3 legendaries are actually equivalent to D4 uniques, which really don’t drop that much yet.
They are just different games with different systems, with obvious nods to previous games in the franchise.
They were quite clear during the chat when they said the runewords were inspired from D2 but not the same.
People would have been upset both ways.

3 Likes

I can see how this could confuse some people. From my understanding you combine two different runewords into a socketed helmet or whatever. Then they combine powers that proc when the condition goes off. I do not believe you level these up like glyphs or gems.

Legendary gems in D3 start at lvl 0. The secondary power unlocks at lvl 25. Some max at 150. Others max at 100, 99 or 50. There’s no crafting elements.

Ok, took a moment to give a quick look into these new runewords.
And from what i’m getting, when you combine the runes to form a runeword, you will get some effect.

The old runewords were used to create an entire new item with its own affixes and those affixes were powerful.
It was like crafting some kind of actual Grandfather, but each word with its different functionalities.

That seems to be the difference.
Old runewords: A new powerful item with its own different affixes.
New runewords: Add an effect in your item.

Now, why this?
Seems simple to me.
Because we don’t have base items to craft.
Because its easier to control (cough cough nerf later)

I think I will go with op in this.
These are not runewords.
Not as they used to be.

I won’t call it legendary gems, because of the nature of how you make it.
But this isn’t in no way the runewords of Diablo II.

1 Like

So… if they called it “Unique Gems” instead… would it make you feel better?

2 Likes

If it makes actiblizz money, then yes. We are legendary gems. aka batteries in the Matrix

Call it “Words of Power” instead of Runewords.
Just to don’t mix the 2 things.

That would be cool and it sounds cool

Runewords? Gems? Gummy bears? who cares what they are called. People want to complain for the sake of complaining.

5 Likes