New to D4 playin Necro

Hello I am in Perth and started Necro today so far up to level 6. I notice Ive got some achievements and things to look at but I feel overwhelmed. Ive been playing Blizzard games continuously since 1997 starting with Diablo using a Pentium 1 and a dialup modem. I played D2 and also beta tested and played D3 for a while before going to World of Warcraft for a long time and am now back with D4

1 Like

What would you like to know?

yeah it looks that way when u start , first thing u gotta ignore is the seasonal exp, u will get some free things when u level it , the ashes are for 4 passives that boost loot or shrine duration .

Map completition is important , but i wont worry about it until u get the mount , with horse u will travel A LOT faster .

Aspects are “confusing” because there are tons, in the codex u can track where to get it (i will point to the dungeon) but u are 8 so dont worry about this , just follow the campaign , and if u pass near a dungeon with an aspect for your class go inside finish the dungeon and u are able to put it anytime.

1. Play through the campaign - take it slow and enjoy the ride (don’t worry about anything else).

2. Do whatever feels fun to you in the game, you will only hit a wall when you get to WT4 and end game content.

3. When making an initial build, if you like a skill just put as many stat points into it as you can. Generally you need 1 basic skill (generate resources) and 1 core skill (damage dealer). The rest of your skills are generally used to support your core skill, increase resources or provide defensive benefits. Many of the current item affixes are confusing, that’s all changing on May 14 - so don’t stress about it, just have fun.

4. If you want to prepare for Season 4, find all the Lilith Statues and do as many Dungeons and side quests to gain renown. These never reset so you only have to do them once.

5. If you really want to get into the end game systems, visit the Maxroll website and do some reading in your down time.

p.s. If you want a nice and easy Necro build, try staring with:

• Bone Splinters (resource generator)
  • Bone Spear (Damage dealer)
  • Corpse Explosion (damage and resources)
  • Corpse Tendrils (groups enemies up)
  • Bone Storm (great utility)

Look for aspects that buff bone skills and give you more Essence (resources). Don’t under estimate things that give you more resources over just looking for damage stuff.

Thanks for all your kind advice. Ive been smashing the campaign until I got to killing Liliths Lament. Ive tried 4 times. I have no idea if there is necro build that can do it. Im stuck on it right now so until I have a solution Im making another class to try it I saw a sorc get it down without moving too much he had like a rain of shards some kind of fire>? armour. Ive tried Liliths Lament to no avail.

That’s the first boss. Basicly any build can do that. Not even haveing a biuld can do it.

Okay. What’s your level, skills, gear? Everything.