New to D4 leveling questions

I kinda’ like figuring stuff out by myself… but I did follow the recommendation to start in Tier 1.

Fast forward I’m 38, and I just finished Act 1. I’m not bragging, btw… it feels like I’m doing something wrong or my game is bugged. As such, I’ve watched some tube vids, but it’s hard to find nuanced leveling info.

Because a lot of vids I’ve seen say if you start on Tier1, you should be upper 30s to mid 40s when you finish the campaign.

How did I overlevel so much? I don’t know. I’ve barely done anything. Here’s the only stuff I’ve done:

*Act 1 (I just finished)
*Found every AoL in the first Act 1 zones
*Every dungeon in Act 1 zones relevant to my Rogue
*1 stronghold - on accident…
*And Public events that spawned as I was getting all the Altars, but not every one

So, that’s the background now my questions:

Is item level connected to player level? Or Tier? I know you have better rng on higher tiers, but it seems to level scale the content too… my tier 2 strongholds show a higher level range, for example.

I’m trying to be somewhat efficient; time isn’t that big of a deal to me… I just want to avoid “running in place” - where I’m essentially wasting content that could be helping me level and gear up.

I skipped all the side missions because of this.

So, I guess what I’m wondering is how did I mess up this cadence? I’m still leveling fairly well but the gear has stalled out… is that normal around 30-40? Or should I change to Tier 2?

Or should I just try my best to rush through the campaign?

Because it feels like I’m going hit 70-80+ before I get out of Tier 1. Is that bad? Am I going to hate myself after I start tier 3 after the capstone and campaign completion?

Are there still xp multipliers? Because I bait and pulls mobs… should I not be doing that right now?

Are PE’s bad early game?

Should I stay at Tier 1 for speed, and/or will changing to Tier 2 actually benefit my endgame gear pursuits aka “item level”.

Any insight would be appreciated.

No, no you did NOT “on accident” anything, ever.
It is literally impossible to do anything “on accident”.
Just say that out loud and you’ll understand that you’re an idiot, it sounds horrible and is a grammatical nightmare.

Yes, I did it both “by accident” AND “on accident”.

Both are correct.

Now you’ll say, “by accident” is for written discourse & “on accident” is for spoken discourse.

Forums are conversational… and I believe in a “living language” that evolves over time.

There are many cadences and prepositional standards for both speech and the written word that has changed over time.

Tldr - It’s close enough.

And, I figured out the leveling.

Okay it’s fairly simple… weapons and armour are tied to Tiers… when the weapons plateau move up a tier
you’ll only stay in Tier 2 for a few runs before you want to move up to tier 3 and by level 70 you’ll be on Tier 4 each tier armour and weapons get better, and monsters may start higher than you but you’ll quickly pass them till you reach Level 100. Each tier is exactly the same monster wise just slightly faster mobs… ideally by level 50 your onto tier 3 … BUT come the 14th of May all that changes as the new season revamp comes in and changes everything you think you currently know… have fun…

1 Like

Thanks… I have a decent handle on early game progression after making a few mistakes… like using my imprints early, I assumed you could move them… that’s only for dungeon aspects.

I upgrade two levels, so I don’t waste premium resources.

I’m 44 now… my cadence has been… find all the altars and fast travel portals; do the relevant dungeons… play campaign. I did that for ACT 1, and I’m on the final part of ACT 2 (I think).

Thanks again.

You’re flat out wrong. Go use google for 20 seconds and you’ll find out that I’m right.

Interestingly, I’ve rarely heard the phrase “on accident” before. “By accident” is the correct grammatical form, but “on accident” is becoming more and more common and has even been used by major news outlets.

Yup, just because morons are adopting it and using it does NOT make it the correct way to speak or type.
As for saying the news folks are using it, well, thats on them for being stupid and allowing their employees sound like f*n morons.

That’s the thing though. It’s likely a term that will spread and ultimately be considered as “accepted use.”

For now though, it is indeed grammatically incorrect.

You sound like a joy to spend time with…

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s tough trying to educate morons on proper syntax. Oh well, another day, another correction.

1 Like