New Core Skills Classification

Does the combining of Mastery into Core Skills mean they’re getting rid of Adept glyph, or does the glyph become a buff for Core skills?

It means anything buff core skill also buff Mastery skill like ball lightning. But dont forget Blizzard damage is Ice spike, so it wont get buff sadly :expressionless:

Oh i didnt think of that, increasing size of chain lightning or shards wouldnt do anything (right? Maybe wrong on that) but frozen orb and incinerate might get really interesting

I think size matter only on Frost Nova, chain lightning auto bounce to targets and Frozen orb damage depends on conjuration mastery charges.

Thanks for the replies! I saw that they said Frozen Tundra doesn’t need to be a high roll, but I find it helps the Deep Freeze do more dmg to kill stuff when other things are on CD and I get swarmed. (no problem since Frozen Tundra aspects seem to drop w/ better rolls).

Maybe if Adept buffs Core skills, it might help the present Core skills become more viable builds (ie. Incinerate w/ its new triple flamethrower effect).

Frozen Tundra just increase Ice Spike radius so the damage roll is not important as very seldom we cast Deep freeze due to long cold down. Adapt just make the blizzard radius wider, it does not increase damage.

I use Glyph below:

Elementalist
Control
Destruction
Stalagmite
Exploit
Unleash
Flamefeeder

Sometimes I swap Flamefeeder to Enchanter if I have issue to get 30% Frigid Fate or I need save some Non physical Damage nodes for other purpose. Or you can swap Flamefeeder to some defensive Glyph for harder content like Reinforced.

Legendary Node

Frigid Fate
IceFall

Thanks, I wasn’t speaking about Blizzard specifically, but I am using those, except for Unleash, IIRC. I was thinking that if Adept gets to buff Core skills, then maybe it’ll be good to use for Frozen Orb, Incinerate, etc. But definitely want to see if FO is still good in S4.

Mastery skills are now counted as Core skills to benefit from stuff like Edgemaster’s, Accelerating Aspect and Mother’s Embrace, but from a surface reading I would not expect the reverse to be true. I am assuming Core skills will not benefit from Adept.

1 Like

Definitely checks out with the MO

Like acceleration aspect, would crits by Mastery proc it now? Would be good for builds that do not use Core.

“Core” is just a tag now. Mastery skills has the “Core” tag. So anything that states Core will modify Mastery skills. Core skills don’t have the “Mastery” tag at all.

2 Likes

I’d want to test first but it sounds plausible; only caveat would be that only two can proc it (meteor/ball lightning). I wouldnt expect bliz spikes to work though.