New Charge aspect

I got the new charge aspect and was playing around with it.
Seems like half the time charge doesn’t even knock back enemies like it says in the tooltip.
In order to get the upgrade power charge to proc to reduce cool down you have to KNOCK BACK enemies into terrain, kinda counter intuitive.
I wonder if charge counts enemies as terrain for the enhanced charge upgrade instantly stunning them in place.

Get ready to Charge through a boss or Elite and then walk your ar$e back to melee the bastard from 10m away.

3 Likes

This is something that has been reported a number of times, yet Blizzard seems to have no interest in addressing it. Considering that charge worked quite well in the beta, I find the lack of correction particularly irritating.

1 Like

Imagine that. Another poorly thought out aspect for barbs.

Imagine they created 1 new aspect for Barb and still dont realize Charge does not work! This skill is worthless with how buggy it is.

4 Likes

I predict this will be similar to Charge Barb in D3, they want us to play new build instead of HoTa / WW.

1 Like

D3 charge was super fun even tho I was awful at it

Is the new power 4x 50-100% dmg where each ancient summoned deals dmg individually, or is it just 1x 50-100% where all 4 count as one instance of bonus dmg?

Also, does the ancients charge dmg synergize with the other leap/charge power that stacks up to 300%?

Charge and Steel Grasp both have suffered from this. They seem to connect with enemies, but often don’t actually move them. Kick is a really good example of a skill that works consistently and feels good to use, but charge and steel grasp are like a coin flip.

Alright fellas, I did some short testing on my level 100 barb, not in-dept or anything, just the aspect and charge skill itself.

I put on that new ancestral charge aspect on my two-hander along with veteran brawler aspect on the two-hander.
The stack goes up to 15 pretty quickly to get that 600% damage, but it only works on the charge it self not the ancestral charge, which is still utter mega trash damage even for 200% increase of normal damage.
I tried killing a trash mob in open world …fail to kill them many times. The charge itself will sometime fail to do any damage even with the 600%. I herded a group of elites together close to some terrain and it just tickled them…
this is the most inconsistent skill. I have tested it again on huge mobs close to terrains and away from terrains. Charge will sometimes stun one and not the others and sometimes the others will get stun from the ancestral charge. I tried target one specific mob or move mouse away from mobs and the outcome of pulling mobs with it - is still inconsistent.

I think this new charge aspect is meant to help the trash charge be more consistent with pushing mobs with it, but seem to still fail at that. I would recommend using charge as a way to escape cc for now, and don’t waste a good aspect for this trash aspect.

This is just so sad i can’t help but laugh. The shiny new aspect is so bad that the recommendation for charge is to use it in order to run away.

New barb meta equip Penitent Greaves and the new aspect that lets you run away from things faster. Mobs cant kill us if we just leave the dungeon and run back to town.

1 Like

well, just wanted to point out that the charge is being fix this upcoming patch, so it should pull in the enemies now! Cant wait to test out charge when that happens!