Never enough gold

I think extracting powers cost to much. I´m constant in need of gold. I think all action in early levels should cost less. I often dont have gold to upgrade my weapon, and upgrading gems and such. There is an issue here. I dont sell my drops due to salvage it for materials.
It sort of destroy the fun being out of gold all the time. I dont upgrade other than my weapon since there is not enough gold to upgrade other things.
And i have unlocked mount yet so farming dungeons is more one big run than fun. So ill do these when i can get to them faster.

2 Likes

I don’t have any problems with gold and deconstructing most.

What level are you?
Early on, best not to upgrade or imprint weapons too much since they get upgraded fairly quickly by just drops as you level up.
Even in D2/D3 there is gold problems early on (and later you have more gold than you know what to do with) so it’s nothing new that you need to watch your gold spending very early game.

1 Like

Are you salvaging everything?
Been wondering if this is the right move in D4 as some items sell for quite a bit and when salvaged will only give like 2 iron, we may need to start selling valuable items instead of salvaging all the things.

1 Like

Stop wasting gold upgrading gear and extracting powers during the leveling process.

I’ finished the campaign without extracting a single legendary power. It wasn’t necessary. Wait until you’re trying to unlock world tier 3 before you consider any kind of gear upgrading.

Sell most of your items. There is no reason to upgrade any items before trying capstone dungeon on world tier 2.

If you aren’t selling anything, of course you are out of gold.

2 Likes

yea feel the same. im salvaging everything but im not actualy using those mats and item seem to be worth a decent amount of gold. keep wondering if its the right mouve or it would be better to start selling.

1 Like

Stop salvaging all the time. Sell items, Rare type items rarely sell below 10-20k gold. Even Magical, Legendary sell very well.

Keep salvaging for those precious mats. Gold will be plentiful soon, mats wont.

I do upgrade or else i cant do most of the story bosses due to low damage output.
And it takes sevel levels between i get upgrades. I find overall loot drop to little. I am always behind in weapon level since the weapon type i use rarely drops.

I find the gold problems pretty much fixed from the first beta. Upgrading is way cheaper now, so its actually worth doing while leveling. Items sell for more gold. Enchanting is still very expensive but not 100% necessary. Extracting is a tad expensive but not common enough to put you in the negative.

Here’s a protip: 2H weapons sell for double everything else, so salvage armor and sell weapons.

A 1000 times this. Players, for whatever reason, keep Salvaging every single item once they get back to Town. They need to sell ever so often.

1 Like

You’ll have more gold than you know what to do with once you start getting sacred+ gear.

I realized that I used too much Upgrades from the Blacksmith. It costs Gold.

Also, I realized unplucking Gem to reuse them on new gear also costs Gold.

Repair is not that much but there was one Boss where I died many times… like a Tomb Boss where hiding from a Wall is the key to beat him. It costs me like 12k Gold on Repairs but I killed him. And he only gave me Yellow Loot. What the heck? But I had fun. ROFL.

I have to stop Salvaging everything. To resolve this, now, Half are being Salvaged and the other half I sold it. Now, I have enough Gold for upgrades/gem plucking.

You have unlock the mount in your mid 30s if you finish act4 so that means you are still low level… Of course gold is rare at that level , you are starting the game my guy lol. Things start selling for 20-30k pretty quickly you will be fine.

There is an exception to this: If your gear is at item power 330-339 (or even 326 if you have the materials for three upgrades), it can be worth it as the 340 IP breakpoint is a huge jump up in stats and the item will reroll those stats. While you can end up with one or more stats worse off due to the reroll giving at or near minimum values, you can significantly gain on some affixes, and those +1 to skill modifiers can become +2 at that breakpoint. The next breakpoint after that is IP 460.

As for gold, if you know what to do, you can easily earn 300k/hr. early on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sell about 1/3, picking the most expensive items. I salvage the rest. The exception is to salvage oranges with essences I don’t need to get a chance at higher tier mats.

do a few dungeon runs and only sell the items, gold problem solved. Even with burning money like mad, it rains money soon enough.

game is so utterly bad designed that even a non alcoholic beer beats it

I wonder if someone is able to solve this mystery.

Can´t wait when he will start rerolling :smiley:

1 Like