Network Disconnect Errors Still Occuring

Yet another post on continuing Network Disconnect problems with Diablo IV. It is extremely disappointing that this issue is still a problem for so many players which has been going on now for several months without any feedback or fixes coming from Blizzard. It is my understanding that players accessing the game via the Steam portal are experiencing this same issue also.

I have been troubleshooting this issue for at least three months now and I have tried EVERY troubleshooting procedure I am able to find on the forums and on YouTube. NOTHING has worked and the game is unplayable. If it were possible, I would request a refund and I would never buy another Blizzard product ever again. This is BS!

I have tried optimizing my internet connection, updating the network settings on my computer, talking with my ISP who said they did not see any issues with my 1Gig Fiber connection, updating the packet settings, uninstalling / reinstalling the game, running the game on Wi-Fi and hardwired to my router, and I have also tried updating my network hardware / cables. NOTHING has worked to resolve this issue… I am running version 1.4.3.54876 of the game.

If Blizzard or anyone else out there who has been dealing with this issue has a sure fix or another troubleshooting step that I haven’t tried, I would appreciate a response!

Thank you!

5 Likes

every day, since the last major patch all i get is rubberbanding really bad for 30 minutes ,then the game disconnects me, nothing i do prevents it or changes it, i reinstalled the game, i did a repair thing, i even turned off cross network play, noting. its so frustrating because i can get through a dungeon or a helltide with out lagging out and dying

While I know it can be frustrating to have this issue, the good news is there is usually a reason closer to you than you think.

You can try to run some tests from this thread I posted last year:

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 8-7-23

There are also some suggestions for tweaks and adjustments.

But I can say that this doesn’t affect the majority of players in a debilitating way.

Usually if I have an issue where there is latency, I know exactly what causes it. I have had my ISP go offline, I have had issues that present locally, like someone deciding to do a large download while I’m playing, etc.

Its one of the reasons I kept my DSL line active, after I upgraded to Starlink. I now use that just for gaming. It connects directly to my computer when I want to go game. When I’m done, I swap a cable and go back to my main network with the faster speed. lol

But that’s me.

I can play from either, but the slower connection is just less likely to have latency spikes. Considering its Centurylink/Brightspeed, that in itself is saying something. They aren’t the best ISP out there. lol

You I had answered earlier, but also give that thread a go and try to follow those steps to test your connection. Please keep your replies to just one thread, or start a thread of your own!

Thanks,

Thank you DTMAce. I think I’ve seen your thread before, but I will have another look and will study your recommendations.

No problem.

You are welcome to post any test results in your thread here if you try any of the troubleshooting.

Hi DTMAce! I tried clicking on the links for the instructions for using WinMTR and the other tools and I was sent to a page that said: “Page Not Found”… Please advise… I was able to run a Ping Test and here are the results of that:

Ping statistics for 137.221.106.104:
Packets: Sent = 516, Received = 516, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 52ms, Maximum = 55ms, Average = 52ms
Control-C
^C
C:\Windows\System32>

Apparently they must have changed the location of those tools since I made that post.

That figures!

I’ll update that when I get back to the office and find the correct links. Sorry about that!

I have now fixed the links and instructions for the tools so they can be used.

Blizzard has removed all the pages for all those tools, I don’t know why. They even removed the list of server IP addresses, again, not sure why.

I have updated that original post with the changes so that people can use the tools again.

Posting link again here for anyone else joining the thread:

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 6-9-24

Thank you so much DTMAce! I’ll check them out…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.