Necromancer S4 changes

Can anyone help break down the changes as it would relate to pure summoner or shadow summoner builds?

its hard to say as we are missing all the patch notes.

Honestly without the patch notes I donā€™t even want to think about it, i have far to many questions.
Just an examples of one of my many questions, If minions inherit 100% of your stats, what is the point of minion resistances on the mage glyph or on your paragon board?

I see this as almost a new game as it will fundamentally change how we build our pure summoners. Its going to be fun to figure out.

3 Likes

What we now from the dev live is:

• minions inherit 100% of your stats instead of 30%.
  • reapers special attack reduces your CD by 3 secs.
  • Cold mages hit make any enemies vuln. Not just frozen ones.
  • Iron Golem slam pulls in enemies.
  • All Golem active ability makes you and the Golem unstopable.

We will need the ful list of patch notes to have a better understading though.

7 Likes

Itā€™s too early to tell how the builds will pan out. We donā€™t even know the full list of gear affixes let alone class changes. Itā€™s likely we will see a competitive minion build thanks to the scaling changes, though.

There are other stuff I can only guess from what we see.

Manuals: we saw a Bone manual, but there were a temperd affix effecting the golem. So I assume there will be summoning manuals, and ofc blood, shadow, and maybe even corpse and curse manuals.

The flat damage scaling change will probably effect Mendeln and Coldbringer aspect. And others I donā€™t remember right now.

Also imagine getting an item with a greater affix of increased summoning skill damage, that you than masterworkā€¦ Damnā€¦

As it relates to the Pure Summoner spec, my ideal version of the build is now the best, the height of what you can do in this particular playstyle. However, with the introduction of The Pit, with monster levels going up to 200, I think that it gives purpose for this new increase in power.

Yeah it seems promising

I think all golems will provide the unstoppable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. That is what I meant. Those are two separate thoughts. Iā€™ll edit it. :slight_smile:

just minions gaining an additional 70% of our stats is massiveā€¦

ā€¦but I for one am hoping for some changes to uniques or skills or some interesting tempers. As they have stated, simply ā€˜make number go biggerā€™ isnt the most engaging feature in the world, and minions have very little going for them as far as actual engagement with the player.

1 Like

There has been a new aspect discovered during the codex showcase. When you summon the Skeletal Priest your skeleton warriors deal shadow damage for the duration of the buff.

1 Like

Interesting. Maybe will have to go shadow summoner this time.

I donā€™t know where it would fit, but it does help the shadow summoner. We donā€™t know if the +2 to mages/warriors aspect still exists, but as of now I wouldnā€™t know where to put it. Unless we pull away from minion damage buffing aspects on shadow summoner. The 100% stat inherit opens up fo many possibilities, now that I think of it.

1 Like

I think keep mages over warriors if it come down to that

I was wondering about dumping Reanimator, and Unyealding in shadow summoner. I need to deal more shadow damage than minion damage. For minion damage I can still have Cult Leader with Dead Raiser, and put Scurge in Wither, for damage increas against shadow infected. Shadow can also slow, so Controll might be back on the menu. Or might use shadow IM and Aplify stayes.

1 Like

InB4 PTR whining about WT1 level 20 Necros ā€œMinions are too strongā€ whilst Barbs are still doing billions of damage.
Expect heavy minion nerfs guys. /s

3 Likes

The scaling change wonā€™t affect early levels much. Thatā€™s the point, actually. You donā€™t have large amounts of damage stats on your gear at level 20.

1 Like

I get that. I was just poking fun at all the karens screaming about op minions in the beta.

1 Like

Donā€™t give them any ideas :joy:

2 Likes

They shure arenā€™t going to be up in arms after experienceing how bad minions become after their feedback. I hope. Atleast we can silence them with proof now.

1 Like