Necromancer "Minions inherit 100% of your stats" not working?

You are not wrong in assumeing how it should work if you only rely on the tooltip.

Yeah exactly, the inconsistencies between verbage, tags, coding, and interactions between systems has been a surprisingly bigger issue than I ever originally realized. But there are a lot of things that don’t match up when other things do, and sometimes they’re bugs but other times they aren’t, so it’s pretty messed up.

For example -

• minions don’t inherit aspect of the damned %x bonus to shadow damage, but they inherit any other source of bonus %x to shadow damage. Sounds like a bug.
  • On the cult leader board, there are nodes with +Summon % damage and others with +Minion % damage, but both add to +Minion % - but, there technically isn’t a Summon damage type at all, only “Summoning” tag, and other items that correctly add to it like Deathspeaker’s Pendant say “+Summoning Skill damage”. Plus, raise skeleton and golem don’t even have [Minion] tag, only [Summoning].
  • Thorns doesn’t count as a hit or damage for certain abilities, and the curse lucky hits don’t make it clear the hits can come from any source (except thorns lol)
  • Many stats have hidden breakpoints and caps, and these have changed over time and are almost never included or explained in any patch notes
  • The UI in general is incredibly lacking in its explanations and there’s no in-game term
  • We can’t see modifiers on minions or enemies
  • There are no damage meters
  • You can’t ever find out what specifically killed you, like a breakdown of the source, damage type, mitigations, etc. to help you understand how it happened and how to avoid it
  • Don’t get me started on Lilith, even WITH the S4 changes
1 Like

What about my damage; do minions inherit? What I specifically mean is, if I have +40% damage on my ring, will all of my minions inherit this “stat”? I ask because it appears that if I have +10% attack speed on my ring, the minions inherit this…What about +damage is this a minion inheritable “stat”?

Damage, armor, resistances, attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, increased damage against xy… Everything. Except Lucky Hit Chance.