Necromancer "Minions inherit 100% of your stats" not working?

i thought minions inherit 100% of your stats now, on PTR? So my minions have 10% increased attackspeed (according to the display in the inventory). then i put on a amulet with 13,5% increased attackspeed and now they still have 10% increased attackspeed. shouldn’t they have 23.5%? i am confused

1 Like

Display issues maybe. You can test their attack speed on the training dummy, if it increases or not. Not everything is shown correctly in the stat tab.

1 Like

Yes this is a visual problem with the stat sheet that has pretty much existed since day 1. I assume your 10% that says “minion attack speed” is from the paragon board. The 13.5% added from your gear will show up as just plain “attack speed,” but the stat page does not add that in to the “minion attack speed” stat. It’s dumb and we all wish minions had their own stat page. Also Kalan’s Educt does not show up on the stat page at all either. I personally haven’t actually tested yet if it’s even working but theoretically that’s probably just a visual issue as well.

1 Like

thank you guys.
and i agree, minions should have an own stats page. so… now that they inherit everything, stats like “minion attack speed” are not that good anymore right? because you can use “attack speed” instead. Means, attack speed for you AND your Minions. Also… minion hp stat is also not that good i guess. just roll extra life on your gear

but hey… i am happy with the buffs.

Yeah I was gonna say, the minion stats in the thing are like, only their own separate “+Minion” bonuses. Theoretically, those should all be in addition to the 100% stats they’re inheriting from us.

I’m gonna post a lengthier post on Necro feedback once I get a chance to test more things, but there are quiet a number of things that impacts that need changed, like for example, some of the glyph bonuses like Mage (I think) has the bonus of “Minions gain +32% to All Resistances” or whatever. Now that they should be inheriting ours, then that would be a completely wasted and unbeneficial bonus for basically anyone once you reach early end-game and cap your resistances.

I really don’t want them to dial back the 100% stat inheritance. It feels a lot more meaningful and easy to figure things out, it just needs balanced out in other ways that are beneficial, like swapping those glyph bonuses to be things like “Minions gain +5% Maximum Resistance for All Resistances” or “10% of health gained from Minion’s Life on Hit is also granted to the player.”

1 Like

Yes that will be a big part of my feedback as well. The changes to minions was desperately needed and they are going to be crushing season 4. But the changes effectively killed a lot of things related to minions moving forward. The mage and warrior glyphs are dead glyphs now. Half the paragon nodes of the cult leader and hulking boards are dead nodes. I don’t want to build towards golem attack speed or minions armor/magic res at all. I guess the side benefit of that would be being able to chase a 6th or 7th glyph when minions previously could only ever dream of 5, but the best version of the game obviously allows for multiple.paths depending on player preference and ad it currently stands, many systems became obsolete with the new systems.

Ultimately, season 4 is going to feel really good, but there will still be large room for improvement.

1 Like

Since we have + to mastery now does shako +4 to skills alos increase the mastery ranks? Very strong item for us skellymancers if it does

Shako is active skills only.

1 Like

With them inheriting your stats it definitely feels like the bonus armor / res is wasted.

Tbf, I never liked those glyphs, anyhow. There’s just so many glyphs I want to get and I’m not a fan of running a ton of boards just to add some very specific additive damage. I feel like those two could be combined similar to how their aspects were.

I do like the golem glyph, though, because he’s a powerhouse.

1 Like

That is not what the tooltip says… and it should work for the powerful item it is. Btw on live there isnt a + mastery affix right? So maybe it does work now .

I’ll brake it to you. Shako. Does not. Give ranks. To passive skills. It never did.

No + to mastery passive in live yeah. However there are + ranks to other passives, that doesn’t mean Shako works on them. Don’t realy see the corelation here.

1 Like

Ok well i am going to put it in as a bug . Clearly they need to rephrase the give + 4 to ALL skills… Because well in a skill tree everything is a skill…

Okay. You can try. But it has been working this way since alpha.

1 Like

No, there are skills and things that modify skills. Everything you can put on your action bar is a skill. (Except minions)

1 Like

You seem to be getting a lot of flak for your take on Shaco but I just wanted to chime in that I understand your gripe about the wording completely.

Basically anything we put a “skill point” into can therefore be considered a skill, that’s the interpretation that I think a lot of players will have. In Diablo 2 for example, a +1 amazon skills item would raise the level of even passives like dodge / evade and so on, or a +1 sorc skills item would add to things like fire mastery or warmth, even though they aren’t active skills.

However yeah in this game, Shaco is strictly applying +skills to active skills, and sadly even though we have a raise skeleton and raise golem active ability, they aren’t on the skill tree where we can put points into them so they are just left out.

I just wanted to chime in to say you’re not alone in thinking the wording is cryptic, I think people that came from D2 might have the same interpretation you did. They won’t change it though I think, nor do I expect them to change the wording, probably something that players will just need to learn for themselves like we did.

2 Likes

Minions are pretty OP for season 4.

Ill wait for the patch notes to determine that . I hope they do so i can really play a commander of death

1 Like

It looks AMAZING for hybrid builds but holy crap does it basically gutter the minion cult leader paragon board and makes a bunch of passive skills lackluster.

Unless they get rocked at super high levels ( only went to 87 on the pit before ptr closed and never saw them die unless standing in poison) all those dr, armor and resist paragon points are useless in the cult leader board for minions. Cult leader itself is a million times better, but unless the entire board is revamped (golem one too), gonna have a lot of worthless traits.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. With 100% stat inherit what’s the point in those paragon points for the board?

Imo that entire leader board needs to get buffs in terms of legendary nodes. Same with the golem one. The nodes themselves are OK inconcept but they just need enough to make them worthwhile. If someone wants to braindead the game, let them. Who cares? As long as it doesn’t invalidate PvP it’s all G.

The only ones on that board I care about is the mage dmg one and Cult Leader. that’s it. The Glyph node is miiighty convenient for Int based Glyphys though.