Necromancer - Cult Leader legendary paragon node's damage bonus for minions is not capped

The patch notes for PTR ( The Diablo IV Season 4 PTR: What You Need to Know — Diablo IV — Blizzard News ) says the following:

Cult Leader Paragon Node

“Previous - Your Minions deal 15%[X] increased damage for each 20%[X] of Attack Speed Bonus they have.”

“Now - Your Minions deal 30%[X] increased damage for each 20%[X] of Attack Speed Bonus they have, up to a maximum of 100% Attack Speed Bonus.”

However, minions continue to gain furher bonus damage from this node even after 100% attack speed bonus (for example when they reach 120% bonus attack speed), so the cap is not working.

1 Like

In my tests, i haven’t experienced this.

I did some test in dummys, with every atack speed upgrade, and damage still same (per hit), that means the cap is working.

Yeah I didn’t run into this increasing beyond the cap in my testing, but to be fair it’s super hard to tell what’s going on since we can’t see any modifiers on enemies or minions, minion stats, combat logs, damage meters, etc.

I did not see this in my testing. The numbers indicated >100% attack speed but no increase in actual damage output with regard to Cult Leader. I gathered that the cap was working as intended.

It is not enough to have >100% attack speed bonus. The damage bonus is applied every 20%.

For example if you have 100% attack speed bonus and 119% attack speed bonus, you do not see a damage increase from cult leader. You must cross over the 120% treshold to see the increase.

1 Like