My opinion on the game

I really liked the scenes, the voices, the graphics, the map, the styling of the characters and monsters and the dungeons. Also the management of potions is great. But I see some aspects to be improved to convert this in an amazing game (all taking into account that it is a limited beta, capped level, no mounts and turned off features).

I also like the fact that a level 10 can play with a level 20. That’s great. I expect difference in power to be perceivable with paragon. For me it does not feels strange that a lower level is stronger, it’s actually a good idea and original.

Suggestions:

• The button “material & stats” for me is weird. I have to press I, then click on “material & stats”, then click on the “stats” option to see my stats. It looks complicated for something that we want to see frequently.

• Could we see what are the min./max. of each attribute, or a more detailed description of each attribute of an item, while for instance pressing “alt”? I loved Lost Arch for this.

• Seeing the attributes of the item on the floor while I hover would be great, so I can see if actually want it before picking it up. Especially when my inventory is full .

• Every of my characters have wasted space in the inventory for gems. Separating them in another tab would be great.

• I feel like I spend way too much time walking and not enough killing monsters. I’m aware that mounts will be available, but still more density of monsters would be great.

• I feel like there are not enough skill slots if we take into account the active skills. The active skills are also often in CD. I understand the constraint of consoles, but in PC it would feel natural 1 more slot for skills. How to address the cross-play, I don’t know, but it’s a pity that because of cross-play the game could be limited.

• In dungeons: it is really exhausting having to walk back because you forgot 1 minion or to activate or rescue a person. If we missed only 1 objective from a number of them, can’t we give the option at the door of the final boss to do something instead? Like a super-fast speed shrine appears or a portal to the last objective appears.

• Fast mode to skip conversations and cinematics automatically when you already have 1 character leveled up. We already know what’s going to happen, we don’t want to see it again for each character.

• Despite the fact that I see features that allow the game to be social, I feel myself usually playing alone while wanting to be in party. I try to join all these 149 or 148 people clans, sometimes receive an error, and never got into one. Not sure if because they are actually full, they are private and ignore my requests, or something else. A solution would be a feature to find parties to do a particular quest. Also, a global chat would be amazing. There is nobody in the local chat when you are not in town or already crossing someone.

• I believe that charms or idols would be great. They add customization, they could be in a separate tab as the gems could be. Also jewels. Why not adding some attributes more dynamic than gems? These could be traded, while limiting other types of trades. Also making them not identified would allow more flexibility on this trading of jewels. I really feel it would be great and give more social exchanges while not giving enough incentive to make an entire economy in third-party platforms.

• Balancing suggestion: druid needs to be stronger (except tornado build), at least in lower levels. The only build that I could use to kill particular bosses were wolves tanking and me casting nados on the distance. Anything else would make me die again and again.

• White and blue objects are literally just another way of having gold. It would make sense to give them an use. For instance: some blues could give exceptional damage or +skills, which may be useful for particular builds. White objects could be sold for more gold than other items or have more sockets, allowing to do better runewords. It might be any other more original use, but in any case, at least, a reason to pick them up.

• Not sure if it is becuase of my graphic cards, but most of the facial hair looks pixelated.

To sum up, I will definitely buy the game and I will have my 100€, or even my 150€, to go when the game is ready. However, for the moment, I requested my refund, as I don’t see this game to be mature enough for the price and I don’t believe that in 2 months, in June 6, these issues will be already addressed. However, see you all a while after release.

1 Like

I’ll just comment on the not enough skill slots. I think they just need to allow for macroing of skills maybe to 10 slots. The argument that it’s not fair for console gamers is null because they’ve already ported games like D2R for the console, and other games have more than 6 button slots so that shouldn’t be the deciding factor.

With the way the talent tree is designed, we should have unlimited access to skill slots, otherwise it’s just going to be a lot of annoying opening up the skill book and switching them out constantly.

This is particularly limiting for the necromancer, and I imagine druid as well with summon abilities. As a necro summon skeleton, summon golem both take up a button, which feels really bad and a major oversight in game design. Easy fix, I hope they just listen.

For me it does not feels strange that a lower level is stronger, it’s actually a good idea and original.

Weird. The entire point of character progression is to become more powerful…not feel less powerful. lol

1 Like

I believe that with Paragon, you will actually look more powerful, as the monsters won’t scale more from that point.

My opinion on the game.

Trash. Laughable this came from a multi billion dollar AAA gaming studio.

1 Like

I believe that there is a hard work behind, but they focused the efforts too much in some aspects, and forgot about the importance of others, such as the fonts of the game, or understanding why there were white and blue items in the saga, instead of adding them with no apparent purpose.

They shoved the functionality of 4 buttons (skeleton, mage, priest, golem) into 2. How is that an oversight? Furthermore, which Diablo game have you ever played in which the Necro summons didn’t take a button. This argument, and you’re not the first to propose it, makes it sound like the Necro was robbed when in actuality that 2 button design, along with the book of the dead, gives the class flexibility it has never approached before in a Diablo title.