More horizontal content

Yea so SF mode with just one extra caveat of not being able to group. I get the feeling more people do this then we think. Aside from Duriel runs I pretty much do it all the time. Again more of a choice in the game right now then an actual mode. Not sure exactly why would they make this a mode if people can just choose to do it now whenever they want.

This is pretty much how I play all the time and have since release.

Yea exactly my point, you don’t need a special mode for it, especially when it literally doesn’t do anything for you but make sure you can’t engage in the activities you don’t participate in anyway. If you don’t eat beef because you’re a vegetarian and all of a sudden your Dr. told you that you can’t eat beef, there’d be no difference in your life. The option to eat it is taken away, but you wouldn’t have eaten it anyway. Nothing changes.

The point is it puts you in a phase with only those players. Think better world stability, more challenge in the world, less RMT, botting, and so forth in your layers.

Peace of mind

1 Like

L M A O! D4 is already one big SSF game. Don’t need a “mode” for it. Nobody trades. Literally nobody. There is no benefit to it currently. Trading is finally just now beginning to being opened up as it should have been.

But in all actuality there really is little to no benefit from it in the current state of the game. Every single item. “BIS” can be obtained VERY easily solo as is. 90% of the players play the game entirely solo as it is. There is no benefit to group play except a little experience boost and efficiency from map wide XP.

Even then a solo semi-casual player can get max level in 12 hours time played.

IMAGINE thinking there is a RMT and botting issue in D4. L O L.

The people on these forums having nothing to say or do but be “doomers” from the start.

MORE STABILITY? HAHAHHA you mean split and reduce the small amount of open world interaction to even further.

Aah for emotional stability, ok I get you now. Makes much more sense when you put it that way. Probably why it doesn’t bother me if it’s in the game or not.

I’ve been dealing with RMT, bots, cheaters, exploiters, etc. since my first online video game way back when. I’m pretty much unphased by it at this point. Granted I don’t engage in those activities myself, but they don’t prevent me from enjoying a video game either.

Too each their own though, I don’t fault anyone that feels differently.

1 Like

Horizontal progression is so much better than vertical progression. I want more skills, more ways builds and more things to do. Not do the same thing again while doing 2x more damage.

I hope they do not raise level cap with the expansion and cap power with season 2, then focus on more things to do rather than just power creep.

1 Like

That is not Solo Self Found. SSF is better suited when D4 releases offline mode.

Considering that PC D3 still does not have an offline mode while console versions of D3 are loaded with modded items thanks to their offline mode, I don’t see D4 ever having an offline mode for PC or consoles.

1 Like

Perfect, this form of “SSF” mode or whatever people wanna call it would be great. We would all be a bunch of scavengers/bounty hunters occasionally running alongside one another, occasionally gang up on monsters and often just roam alone. If it was me we would also be able to PK each other (and gang up on the PK’ers) but I know very well that many would prefer not to.

And ofc an open-trade mode.

A player can simply play both. Which I would do.

1 Like

WoW would like a word with you. SSF merely means you only get what drops for you and that you can’t trade for any items or receive any in the game’s mail system (if present). A game that has content that requires grouping such as world bosses kind of needs to leave in the ability to group. You just won’t be able to trade. This would however necessitate changes in how and/or how often materials drop for the game to be feasible in a three month season, to say nothing of boss summoning.

1 Like

Yea WoW got it wrong too. You aren’t solo in WoW with their SSF mode. It’s semantics, but it should just be called SF mode. Really it needs a new name entirely. Can’t Trade mode, because you can quite literally do everything else but trade with people.

Hell people are even tagging mobs in that game while their friends kill it for them. So SSF mode really doesn’t apply. D4 you don’t have to worry about that, and you get exp bonuses for being grouped. It’s just easier for people to understand SSF, even though in WoW it’s just preventing you from trading.

1 Like

That’s not because it has an offline mode. That’s because Blizzard didn’t seperate your offline and online characters like they should have. Like they did in D2R.

To everyone that didn’t quite get what I mean by SSF

• No account bound bonuses (as if first character) - no extra potions, skills, obols, certainly no paragon, in other words - no Renown
  • Statues of Lillith grant double the gain but will not apply to any other characters
  • Campaign-esuqe gameplay without necessarily having to start at the start-campaign spot (i.e. all 6 acts have a starting spot somewhere near the edge except FP which remains where it was)
  • All places except Fractured gain a tier 2-3 mob (so don’t fight Nangari Oracles or Quartermasters from lvl5, Fractured on the other hand could perhaps gain a new Tier 4/5 mob)
  • All events that can and do occur will be done 100% solo without help (perhaps if turns out too hard can temporarily include a Merc or two), no “Helltides” to speed up leveling up though
  • No minimal level requirements to anything but there are minimum level differences to overcome (WT3 Capstone at +5 from your character, WT4 Capstone +8, Bosses +10, Pit can be unlocked earlier also)
  • Tree of Whispers doesn’t require Campaign but requires to fight Elias i.e. earliest from WT4
  • No legion events either, however there may be some nastier mobs lurking around at those spots

The idea ? - no bonuses, include as many systems as early as possible, different but not sped-up process of leveling up and growth (based on starting point - such as say Shipwreck Cove if chose Kehjistan as starting area at start)

Perhaps could be a bit too lonely ? IDK, probably, will figure out later though :slight_smile:

most of that is easy to achieve use a new account.

joking aside, thats the true ssf mode, and most ppl expect some light version of it

1 Like

they will if what you add isn’t boring and adds value to your character.

Give me some random stuff to find that its so cool that i can show off to people.

Not really, you start at FP, must be at FP, always encounter wolves first, then bears, spiders fallen, then vampires… In that particular order

The point is not whether or not a new account achieves that, the point is to provide a different/dynamic STARTING experience (not late game, not ending one), a different STARTING one

So people that don’t have 50 hours can explore “what if” scenarios a bit more instead of being pigeonholed into whatever is “most efficient” possible

It’s also a good way to expand the gameplay without much work, because ? - things will always lack at lvl100, things won’t lack earlier on as long as that experience is non-repetitive, not sped-up for no particular reason (or for a bad reason), and actually joyful

Surely hope so :slight_smile:

yeah my phrasing was bad, and i misread some parts.

true ssf mode is probably way off, since the engine is made for group play. And forcing the game to open many more instances for all the solo players might not be that easy to realize for them.

But SF (no trading, but still be able to play with friends or use items on a different alt) should be a possibility right now akin to cof in LE

The horizontal mambo?

…have you seen Druids?
Necros are very skinny and super pasty, too.

But I suppose to each their own!

Exactly. Of course, further world tiers will appear, that’s for sure, but at the same time there should be content like the example of the bestiary system.
In my opinion, a fantastic system, beautifully presented in the form of a book. In which we unlock subsequent pages as we progress.

The second thing is to add a book with all your notes. Now can only be listened to once when found in the dungeon.

I don’t understand at all how having such a journal in Diablo III, with notes, but also entries about monsters etc. don’t put it in Diablo IV.

Another thing is achievements. There was a lot of this in Diablo III, and here in Diablo IV the number of challenges is extremely small. Even in Diablo Immortal, the challenges/achievements panel is much more extensive.

1 Like