May i ask what more is needed?

I just mean typically, by genre. So like i buy a metrodvania or fighting game i dont expect to level my character the same as a arpg, all though we are seeing more sub-genres, but that has only made me play less mortal kombat for example. since it’s no longer played the way i liked it, its a job now, to level gear like a looter,so the same happens here if it gets to much like a mmo.
Not to say we cant, its; about buying whats advertised, i knew MK for example has changed, so i otpted out of the franchise. That is all i am saying. MT? i haven’t spent a cent since launch, i will when i like the pass cosmetics, otherwise only at xpac.

I re-rolled alot in D1 not sure how you played that was the point not one endless progression. If i didn’t save scum the whole game was HC basically. Many other arpgs end or offer new game plus. Or you beat it on normal then hard then nightmare etc.

It’s not about benifits, its about trying a new build, new way of spedning points, new rng luck, my rogue farmed for this bow for hours, i logged in as barb got it first try lol.
Game needs MF or something, but procedual and rng is part of it.
Hence teh design was no re-sepc, so you challenge yourself to a journey, you brick it you failed,try again. you learn from your mistakes, doing better each run. Each new roll, i get better, faster and feel more in control, the rest is up to rng.
HC mode is how diablo used to be played, if we could scum save i would play HC, idht to re-roll that often.
But yeah there should be more on death options and penalties like D2. That is the core game. Idk what you played that made you think otherwise. apart from d3…
Not a staple to the genre imo. Probably why POE looked at D2 not d3 you know, it has maybe one or two good things. Fun game not a true diablo or arpg game imo.

I am not a grinder, i can beat duriel, with sub 21 glyphs, only 2 are now 21, the rest below 20, not hard to do, i gear first, then i can push n/m for glyph takes longer in the short game, but means not doing 100 runs in t3. I dont even touch n/m in t3 apart form unlocking capstone. and i have 3 pieces of gear sub 925 on atm.

I am ofc not oneshotting him lol, but i haven’t needed to grind overly hard.So yeah levelling is fun not a chore for me. on my 3rd character this season. lol. using elixers i got to 50 just enjoying the core story so no you dont need to sweat either.

Anyway you are free to your opinion and that is fine also.

I’m satisfied with the itemization. I’m happy with the infinite search for good items and now we have a challenge in the end game, that’s what was most needed. I like that. For me, what’s missing is the blue glyphs making sense… maybe basic damage .The open world is also abandoned with enemies standing at 103 and with activities still mandatory to be done. The aspects and Abilities are still very locked. I believe that a tree or frame to improve the target farm. More material exchange… crystal veiled by cakes for example. But with the 1st expansion it will adjust even more.

You dont need to create a new character to try new build, just refund all your skill points and paragon board. So I don’t see the reason on player perspective of start new character in every season. At the end we will use up all character slots and have to delete lvl 100 max Glyph character to play seasonal content?

HC mode is only played by a limited amount of players as majority of players appreciate their game time. Also playing HC will limit your understand of the class as you wont push to the limit due to fear of death, like playing an injured DR sorcerer build which if you dont rotate your flame shield and ice armor you will instantly killed in harder content. D1 and D2 are game released in 20 years ago at the time there are many blockbuster game release. So players is willing to try things like HC or character reset. In current age most player have few unfinished top 5 game of year like title in their library and D4 is in Game pass now means many D4 players will be playing a big rotation of new games so season reset mechanic which waste our time in level up our previous characters are not a welcome mechanic.

Also why D4 is an action RPG game, why my character stop develop after season end? Where is the element of RPG here? The argument of we still can still play Eternal realm, but what is the justification to give more content in seasonal realm as we already pay the full price of the game? Is it just we don’t buy the battlepass or we don’t play in the server with battlepass buyers to make up the total player count? Other game like Warzone and Division 2 would not penalize you with lesser content like not purchase battlepass other than you dont get the seasonal cosmetic items.

I never against monetization in the game, but players should not be forced to do the chore like lvl to 100 again and grind the glyph, kill varshan 800 times and Duriel 400 times to get the same Uber and Malignant we have in Eternal realm. And also delete your lvl 100 characters to make space for new seasonal characters. If you feel this is a very fun thing to do, can we outsource this to you? Like we pay you 500M in game gold and you do all these activities for us every season if we provide the boss material?

Loadouts.
That’s the main thing for me. But they said they are working on it already.
Also, overall, just more of everything. More uniques, more skills, more classes, more bosses.
Except one thing: the cash shop. That must go away. :slight_smile: I mean literally, they should not even lower the prices on it, they should just remove it. Sell me a uber expensive “deluxe” expansion if you’d like, but that cash shop…

Modern arpg is about how to dynamically manage your characters and set a purpose for the build based on its traits / advantages:

• hota barb: 1 shot bosses
  • infinite TP sorc (various versions): excellent at HT and speed XP
  • blizzard sorc: competent at HT, excellent at high tier glyph leveling

When managing an account, realising what function different builds do for the class & what function these builds/classes contributes to the account overall. The restriction is glyph xp & character xp is individual bound, therefore when starting up a season, always get the most efficient MATS farmer up first gives great advantages since mats are account wide.

The addiction for fresh start is due to ARPG is about the PROCESS or MOMENT when an OP item drops. You do not look at your BER rune in D2 15 years later and brag about it. You brag on the MOMENT when shako & UU drops. Seasons is about constantly refreshing that MOMENT to an extend. and it fades away, hence constant new builds/playstyles/gear rinse & powercreeps are introduced to keep things fresh.

I ve kept all gears in D2, all gears in D3. In 2024 I do not keep ANY gears in D4 on eternal because its about the PROCESS & MOMENT. Like it or not, D4 is marketed targeting to this crowd. It is the trend and mainstream. There’s nothing wrong been attached to your characters like the old style. D4 can be played in many ways. Just realise that this playstyle isnt the targeted audience for NOW. We dont know what strategy Blizzard gonna adapt to.

I dont understand your statement at all. How all different build related to the creation of new character every season?

What process and moment you mean here? Killing Varshan 800 times and Duriel 400 times again and the time taken to kill the boss is 10x faster than I wait my party members to leave the dungeon so I can reset it? Why I need to brag shako drop as I already have 2 and all complete Uber set last season and some duplicates? I have no Uber Unique this season and finished T100 dungeon under 5 minutes and killed Uber Lilith 15 times even with non meta build. I already killed Lilith 200 times last season and carried countless players in T100 dungeon for glyph XP and earned 2 billion golds. What is the process and moment which is refreshing for me by reset the character in season 3?

The only reason I bother to have Uber Unique is many other players are having it. I have 100 Duriel material but I decided not to do the boring Duriel Kill as no point to get Uber now as it just get sent to Eternal realm again and most importantly I have finished all game objective even without them.

Exactly. If you dont need UU for a new character, what makes Eternal Realm needs UU?

Process: the process of building your character from grounds up
moment: the moment when an core item or OP / rare item drops which is essential for your build.

S2 you geared a build in 3 days. S3 you geared a build in 1 day. s4 you geared a build in 1 hr. Satisfaction comes when you gain increased efficiency at assembling a fresh character. Its fine if its not your preference. There’s no right or wrong. Everybody has their own thing. Just keep in mind season mode is the main stream, you choose to be a minority for eternal mode and resources isnt prioritised on eternal.

1 Like

You still dont get my point, we need Uber only because many others player already having. Is like an item you are guaranteed get if you willing to do x hundreds hours of chore.

How is the process and moment of building character is exciting? It is always same, do this dopamine tunnel, do this capstone dungeon and level up the same glyph. I have done so many power level in discord and it indicate player willing to pay million of golds so they don’t need to go through this “process and moment” again for their alts.

You always get all OP item at mid season, the only thing you need to spend a lot time on is decide which one to throwaway as our stash is constantly full

Playing in Seasonal realm with reset character is being forced on majority players as the content is unfairly lesser in Eternal. What is the justification of Blizzard not having the Vault in Eternal Realm as it drops more gear? Did they give players choice to have same content in Eternal realm and seasonal realm? I don’t even need the spider pet which move and hit like grandma, I just need the vault to play in Eternal realm efficiently.

This thread is about what is needed, and that is my feedback. If you agree on Blizzard force these chore on players with the seasonal content that’s your opinion. If get a choice to refund now I will immediately pick it, and I believe this is the choice of majority players if they are forced to go through the same chore again.

Blizzard already doing the same thing in Diablo Immortal which if you don’t pay you get lesser gear by creating different content for those pay and those don’t. They are doing this smartly in Seasonal content which yes we don’t need to pay to play, but we need to do the same reset chore as the battlepass purchasers need to have some company in the seasonal realm to play with.

I will not play either Eternal or Seasonal realm after season 4 as I don’t see they have something new worth the same chore again.

You dont now, you use to with no -repec, which is how it should be. But it’s fine. I still find it better, as i build better, but also don’t horde mt storage to death. Since it is not alot of space. That said, ofc i can change if i want to.

the rest idk what to say, i dont agree with all of it, Even Zelda a arpg that came before diablo types, ended and you replayed them. research the actual term action rpg genre and this term does not = diablo game.
and again the original diablo, was HC mode. as it was a rouge like, action rpg. hack n slash.

So how do you want it? explain deeper what you actually want?

If you play Elden Ring when you reset you get to keep all your stat points and re-invest in your other stat for a new build instead of getting zero stat.

-What I want is we do less chore. We need to be given a choice when come to seasonal realm like we get to use our existing character maybe need to pay 1 billion in game gold. Give players the choice if they want to start from zero or max.

• If I can finish seasonal content in 2 weeks due to my max character and gear I am happy to stop play and wait for new season instead of complaint about the season no content. Many of us have many games in our library, we don’t need to play a full 3 months season due to repeated activity.

• Secondly is we need to be able to access to our stash in Eternal realm maybe retrieval only as it wont break the Eternal realm as we are not feeding the seasonal item in that server.

Yes i prefer souls likes to diablos in general. Since that is my preferred way to play also. among other better features. and gamplay style. But i still re-roll in that game to play a new class.

You can finish season fast, and move on.

Seasonal can feed eternal, just not the other way around, so like i said way back, u by all means can rip it in 1w 2w 1m however long and park it. Continue minmaxing your eternal. once its minmaxed fully. park that, i get it would be nice to replay the core game at this point like a souls game, i would enjoy that, but i won’t be expecting it.

I hope they do i would support playing the core game like a souls game again but with 100 plus monsters for sure, the pit is too grindy , and i would totally go for that pve mode to earn masterwork mats for example etc. So on that we agree. Since running loops is boring, which is why i make alts.

I dont see the reason why Eternal cant feed seasonal as those gears are what we already owned. Also most of our characters in Eternal ream are already max as they were sent to the Eternal graveyard from previous season.

I even created Barb alts in Seasonal realm last season to collect gears to feed my barb in Eternal ream as it is unfairly efficient to acquire gear in season realm. I paid other players to power level the alt, and sent it to do Duriel run and acquire enough of new Unique for my main in Eternal. The discrepancy of reward in seasonal and eternal realm is a real pain point.

As I say, if Blizzard believe majority players prefer seasonal reset, they should give the option for players of None reset and keep existing gear to join Season realm. Then they will have the statistics of whos is the major player based.

Blizzard already gave the official reason of reset in pre S1 which they didn’t say season reset is Standard Diablo feature and is same for other Diablo like ARPG. They said we need to reset it so our new friends join the game won’t feel the big gap. Now I know those new friends are new customer or battlepass purchasers. You can watch the old pre S1 camp fire chat, I think either Adam Flecther or Joe Piepiora said these.

and sadly that has been Blizz for years…

we all miss the old blizz , “release it when its done”

S4 is a step in the right direction tho.

ppl has talked about what the game needs for months , they are working on it , but huge changes wont come until expansion release.

first of all, it is worth understanding that d4 is built on contradictory mechanics that many people do not like. In fact, it is absolutely the same as in d3. Where these mechanics will lead is not yet clear.

But if we talk about what is missing, then these are:

• primarily basic Qol
  • SSF mode + trade league
  • real uber bosses, at least with unique mechanics and a separate loot table
  • runewords and sets - it is absolutely unclear how it is possible to implement them with the current aspect system and many other things
  • personally i want map system close to poe
  • arenas/matchmaking

There are tons of things that could be already here but there aren’t and for a lot of things it’s not clear how to even implement them with all those simple and stupid mechanics which came from D3 in d4.

What can I say about it at all, the game is basically raw, there is an obvious drawback in it, for example, lack of unique items. There are just very few of them and this game supposed to be loot hunting game lmao.

Then D4 isnt for you.

It is a seasonal focused game that doesn’t encourage gear attachment. If you value once and for all aka less “double handling” situations, D4 and any seasonal themed game isnt for you. This game targets the market which is about from 0 - 1 and disregard whether the item is previous owned since they will be all gone end of season or when done / afk before season ends.

1 Like

reason is for fairness, so all players start fresh, for things like gauntlet etc.

No matter who says what, its been this way for awhile, and i think its the fair way. if your already minmax during a season, whats the problem? idk man, they make the rules, i agree on the souslike replay value, but seasons being a fresh start makes sense to me.

I see no sense in forever progression games, even mmo’s i like it but hate the time commitment, so i play them casually. That said leveling progression and builds pretty much ends, so its just content mostly and farming for those hard to get items.

I prefer a game ends and i start over, and seasons makes that possible, while still keeping some of that progress when a season ends i will for example have 3 new 100s to play with and if i want can max them on eternal as i see fit, that is my strategy of play and enjoyment. Grinding to max on a season is no for me.

Nothing is perfect. Play how you can within the games rules and enjoy it or dont.

One way or another items will become obsolete another reason i prefer souls games, online looters can have this issue, so basically S4 is a rest of the core game too.

But those are the rules, and i accept them or i dont play basically.

I think its more important they finish the game also, i mean eternal edge should be glowing red like the rare monster that wields it but nope no skin when we get it. There is so much unfinished, i shouldn’t even be out yet tbh. Kind of sad, but atleast we get to play it.If PTR or S4 has not fixed this, then the devs dont play the game. This is basic stuff i am finding and things like this are not issues in other games.

Only reason i dont quite, is becasue i understand live service and aaa gaming. Not that i agree with it, but they get not one more cent until these details are fixed properly. If not i will by the xpac in the bargain bin when d5 comes out lol

Honestly a bit alarmed its not fixed already as these are simple things. but perhaps no one noticed and reported on them yet, and we are the unpaided testers after all lmao

This reset will not create any fairness as experience player will always level up faster and acquire more gear at the end. Gauntlet will always won by not only the experience players, those on tops spot are players play only one class every season as their name is familiar to us. They will never able to kill Uber Lilith even given the same gear as they don’t know her scripted move.

I helped a lvl 60 player unlock WT4 last season and experience player typically unlock at level 45 as we know WT4 has much higher XP multiplier. So this reset is just create new chore for experience player and never help to close the gap between new and existing players.

There will be lot players inactive in S4 mid-season as Elden Ring DLC is going to release. I think will quit after season 4 and return when there is new DLC as we know the real new content always come in paid DLC. Hope Blizzard has a better solution for this seasonal reset.

well i agree with your points made, but these examples are probably the worst u could use.

Blizzspikes sorc was always the top specc sorc had, no questions asked, even in the bugged BL meta Blizzspikes could almost compete with it, while everything else paled in comparison.
You could use blizzspikes for anything, since it had no flaws, it was good in any situation. So its purpose in your example is works for everything, you dont need something else. Its Singletarget was the strongest its aoe potential rivaled other aoe speccs, that sucked in ST.
This is probably still true in s4. and makes this argument kinda moot sadly.
They need to do a better job at giving Builds advantages and disadvantages. Oh and 1shotting bosses in a 4 man should never be a trait :smiley:

1 Like

well its a attempt at fairness lol there is no true fairness i agree you are correct.

The game is unfinished, bobby K scammed us, and all we have now is hopefully a chance with the Devs and MS and such. It will take time.
He put his greed first, and nothing we can do now. I look at it this way yes the reality sucks. but also i could be gone tomorrow so at least i got to play D4 today you know.
Yes new dlc etc ofc, wouldn’t matter if this game was perfect players would drop it for dlc.

This is a pick up put down game. I never only play arpgs lol

We are responsible for what we choose to buy and play, nothing more. We can wait or buy now, all never play, we always have a choice.

I can dream of a isometric elden ring diablo or whatever it would be amazing ever perfect system of D4 D2 Souls 3 , elden ring all in a diablo game with this open world oh i would be in heaven. but i dont control the game that way.

I would even love a diablo game like darksouls 3 imagine that. Locking swords in 3rd person with goatmen and demons omg awesome. But not for everyone though.

Still since that will probably never happen thankfully we have ER for that experience.

Good to see more inspiration on the arpg isometric genre though as it looks it has with POE2 and it can be in D4 also if the choose. so good times ahead hopefully. come S4.

Blizzard spike requires ramp up time and shy in speed contents vs other lower damage but faster dmg dealt infinite TP sorc spec. Having said so, you can keep Blizzard spike as once for all build, but the purpose is min maxed functionalities. A 10s difference is significantly worse for min maxers. I could use paingorger infinite TP for nmd 100, but I prefer blizzard spikes overall performance, especially keeping friends safer with its CC.

Charge HoTA has high mobility but out matched by TP sorc hence its trait is 1 shot to my categorization.