Maxroll /salute

I respect them so much for doing this, they do understand the advantages and they certainly DO NOT need to feel obligated to do this but out of good faith and understanding they are going to pass on racing for the signature of the statue. Again, this is by no means something they should or shouldn’t do, they had every right to go through with it but in good faith decided to withdraw.

"Raxxanterax — Today at 9:11 PM
@everyone Hi all, today it was brought up that those with early access to review Diablo 4 (most of the Maxroll team) would have an unfair advantage in Blizzard’s upcoming Diablo 4 launch race. We agree with this sentiment, and although we will be racing alongside everyone, we will not be claiming any prizes for it. We love that Blizzard is promoting competition in their games and want to see more of it in the future. We’re looking forward to an even playing field in Season 1 where we can test our abilities against everyone. Happy blasting and enjoy the game whether you’re racing or not. See you on the 30th for our new site launch. - The Maxroll Diablo 4 Team "

33 Likes

I mean, it’s a good move for PR, but we all know if any one of those guys decided to do the contest, they would make it into the first 1000 going into the game cold. It’s not even a question.

16 Likes

Yeh, regardless of if they played previously or not wud and raxx would of 1000% question is will others follow the footsteps of them

3 Likes

Yeah sure, totally.
Finally making this stance the moment the community is all up in arms and pitchforks.
Pretty sure they had no choice but to do it.

But good on them, regardless Blizz just needs to make it clear that all streamers who had full early access cannot partake in the event.
They should also postpone the event so that deluxe and ultimate editions don’t have a P2W advantage against standard edition players.

4 Likes

Kind of a cynical way of looking at them.

By no means am I defending streamers personally don’t care if they do or not

But most streamers should follow those footsteps

1 Like

The maxroll guys are decent people. None of this is their fault. If they didn’t accept the invitation, someone else would, and their site would become irrelevant. They had no real choice in the matter. I simply don’t like how Blizzard opened it up like this. I wanted to have a period where meta was still in question. I’m pretty much over it at this point tho. Movin along.

7 Likes

Hardly cynical, there is a reason why streamers have all started popping up disclosing how they don’t wish to take part.
Because they don’t want the reputation hit from the obvious backlash.

The choice is obvious for them, don’t have to look any further than the viral Rod post on twitter.

2 Likes

I feel pretty much the same way. Good for them, but this was an easy business decision.

My main question was how the contest ever got through the Blizzard channels in the first place. It shouldn’t have even gotten to the point it did with the backlash to see that it was obvious a backlash would occur. I just cannot fathom how not one person in the meetings didn’t bring up that the contest had a huge flaw.

Props to them. and yes I’ve watched them - they’re not bad people by any means. They’re quite nice.
-also, they could dominate a race, that’s for sure.
I don’t think the point anyone was making was directed specifically at any individual personally.
It’s simply a bad decision on The Corps part.
Season 1 - bake the game in. let everyone figure it out. fix bugs and exploits.
EVERYONE can try it - Content Creators included.

Blizz should release a PR Announcement - “After some consideration, we feel it would be fair to the entire community to celebrate the HC Race to 100 with the launch of Diablo 4’s 1st Season!!”
No harm, no foul. No EA June1/2 head starts. No EA reviewers excluded.
Level playing field.

9 Likes

im banned from maxroll discord after they abandoned immortal after basically being blizzard testers for 2 years prior to release. typically early access is for journalists and media members… content creators in 2023 seem like a cop out for the no lifers that not only play 20 hours a day but also make spreadsheets and monetize content

3 Likes

They make some good choices, this and D:I… they have my respect. :beers:

1 Like

smart. and cool.

respect.

2 Likes

Didn’t Maxroll have embedded streams that auto-played for a while? (That’s an actual question, I might be mixing it up with something.)

If anything it’s not enough cynicism (regardless of who made that statement).
(I only know a bit about Raxx and he did seem ok enough.)

think that was fextralife wasnt it? idk

People are dramatically overeacting about this event.

3 Likes

That was fextralife. Not Maxroll.

Maxroll seems like a bunch of decent guys - this just reinforces that.

Both Wud and Rax are more than capable of being in the top 1000 and probably top 100 in all honesty.

Maxroll team is already immortalized on the internet. They don’t need the statue accomplishment.

MaxRoll gets it, Blizzard doesn’t. Glad you posted this here. Thanks.

3 Likes

I can remember the d2r streamers getting blasted when they were online and everyone else was repeating long queue’s over and over. It got to the point where they were uncomfortable even moving forward. People got error code and games dropped and the streamers just plugged away. It is no surprise that Maxroll did not want that awkwardness again.

1 Like