Matchmaking - Any Updates?

Hi there! Were there any updates on Match Making or Group Finder on the final release of the game? It’s highly concerning to me that this game may ship without such a basic and expected feature in 2023.

3 Likes

Its not a basic or expected feature for an ARPG. Go find one of hundreds of discord groups and matchmake there.

1 Like

Hate to break it to you but this is t an MMO. There isn’t “group” exclusive content or raids. It is a solo game you can do with a group. The only exception is world bosses where you need other people but you don’t need a group. There also aren’t “roles” so there is 0 need or purpose in a matchmaking system.

Leaving a game in order to find groups is a terrible player experience. You should never have to leave a game to use another tool to play the game.

A 23 year old game in the Diablo franchise has LFG as part of the game. The Game List where you can literally make a game for a specific goal. Leveling, defeating bosses, completing acts, trades, pvp, you can LFG for anything in the game, without leaving the game.

In Diablo 4 you have this massive open world and you basically run around solo unless you group with friends through your platform you play on(PC, Xbox, PS). Makes zero sense why they made Diablo 4 a multiplayer world experience and no LFG.

6 Likes

I doubt they are going to bring this in… although it is a possibility in some shape or form, like they did with D3 before. Where you could join peoples games. forget precisely how (ruined a few of my chars cause mooks with hacked gems) But with guilds… you could just join one and constantly group with them.

Diablo4 doesnt play like Diablo2 where you constantly generate new worlds for specific things.

Kind of correct… kind of not… In diablo 4, area’s are “instances” They are basically “Seperated worlds” No there is no player constantly regenerating the “world” But there is several worlds on one server.

Take area cap limits. if there is 12 people in one area (as far as we know from previous beta and world boss battle) then a new instance is created for the next person who enters that area.

1 Like

i would like to have matchmaking in the game, so i won’t be bothered with discord, or other type of people gathering.

6 Likes

Lost Ark did this and Diablo IV for sure has similar features. You have a online hub in the cities, you can see each other out in the open world, you have world activities, you are rewarded for grouping…so why not include matchmaking?

5 Likes

Sorry, but this is an online only game that does everything MMo except group content, its a walking contradiction. Diablo has had group tools for over 20 years, why should anyone have to use third party clients to find groups or have social communication channels?! its insane. I’m in my mid 40s, I didn’t grow up with my head in a social media bubble, I have no desire to when every other online game out there provides grouping tools … except supposedly the biggest arpg in years. Blizzard constantly blows my mind, and rarely in a positive way.

10 Likes

i agree mate i mean diablo 3 was mega successful and thats because of the matchmaking trust me i bought the diablo 4 ultimate edition and no matching for me has = refund and i know a few others that have took the same measures.

6 Likes

They may have most of these features in development or planned, but they need to save them for expansion in order to milk us down the road

2 Likes

Wait there isn’t matchmaking or LFG in this game?

I thought this was a given considering D3’s existence depended on it.

2 Likes

Why are you people always so fast to just dismiss peoples complaints? Forum nerds are the worst.

1 Like

PREACH! Absolutely hit the nail on the head.

Hate to break it to YOU but this game literally tells you its better to play with others. Matchmaking exists in other Diablos, there’s no effing excuse you nerds can come up with that justifies this design flaw.

1 Like