Massive Revamp does nothing for Sorcerer Passive

Out of the massive list of changes that I’m sure are mostly welcomed to the community (minus the cheat death one) I’m shocked that the passive “Protection” has not been revamped.

“Protection” gives the following - Using a Cooldown grants 10%-30% of your Maximum Life as a Barrier for 3 seconds.

The absolute major flaw with this is…

If you use Teleport with Raiment, which almost every build calls for. The Stun lasts 2-3 seconds. So at best if you get a bad roll, you get a shield for 1 second.

If you use Frost Nova, the freeze lasts for 3 seconds, the same duration of the shield, it’s a wash.

If you use Ice Armor, well… you get a 6 second shield.

If you use Flame Shield… you’re immune for 3 seconds.

This skill needs re-worked as it’s practically useless in it’s current state. It is only useful (using that word loosely) if you are not using Raiment. If you aren’t, Teleport would be the only Defensive Skill (1 of 4) that would give you this buff and it be put to use.

Protection is one of the best, if not the best, passives sorc has. What…?

5 Likes

The Defensive skills are not the only ones that have a cooldown. Most of the Conjuration and Ultimate skills will be triggering Protection even when the Defensive skills are on cooldown.

2 Likes

Sorc does a lot of damage already. Its good as it is.

Rogues needs a complete revamp because its the weakest class in the game.

Works pretty tanky for me, if you can get a low cd skill and proc it you pretty much get this semi perma to perma. depending on how many other skils are in the CD rotation.

Sometimes in this game it pay’s to take the time to think about what it’s full or greater potential may be, most skills and combos grow, our job as players is to find those paths.

So yes on its own 3 seconds and a one skill CD is weak to start, and you may take another form of protection if not running many CDs in the Build, but pretty sure teleport is a path to perma upkeep on this, and i forget but evades with the teleport skill may even proc it, dont quote me on that tho its been a minute.

I love building in this game, so many little puzzles and unique things you can put together to grow in power. I find it satisfying. Goodluck.

that passive is useless for protection and the point of having it is for gaining barrier all the time to activate aspects / gear affixes that work "while u have a barrier active "

You’re forgetting that mobs do gain Unstoppable, and bosses are immune to the Stun/Frozen effect outside of the cumulative massive stun bar.

When you’re using CDs against bosses (and Unstoppable enemies), it’s a nice barrier effect.

OP please thats embarassing, you already disqualified urself by posting the answer inside your initial post.

“Using a Cooldown” that means any cooldown not only defensives.

Also as others have stated it has other utilities.

And just a tip this game has cooldown reduction affixes, that is for these cooldowns to work more often…