Mana issues with sorc

The title. Is it just me or is mana management so bad? Like come on, give me mana potions. Base one hit skills are so bad… And better skills can be casted like 4x and then you have to wait…

Most hilarious is that skill which gives you +9 mana at 3 point investment. Lmao, you still can cast only 4x with it, no difference :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes that’s an issue. I don’t know if paragon boards fix that but at least until level 50 it’s annoying.

That’s why I believe that even though hydras were nerfed like crazy, they remain ok while leveling because they’re mana-efficient.

1 Like

Mana can be an issue but skills have a perk to help boost mana regen. Flickering Frost Bolt, Mana Shield, and Wizard’s Firewall are skills that regen energy. Shimmering Flame Shield can help offer extra healing to the player. While these aren’t perfect solutions they are useful.

These you did memtion dont really help that much tho. I was expecting that skill boosting mana is actualy making difference. I was wrong.

1 Like

Agreed it’s a total joke especially with monster scaling and leveling, sorc feels really bad.

5 Likes

I’m trying to figure out a way to be less mana starved at level 53 right now. Seems like the only way to do it is to do hell tides so you can reroll armor so you can get mana Regen bonuses on all your gear.
Right now it’s tele in frost Nova for vulnerable then spam core skill run in circle waiting for Nova rinse repeat. Sometimes I use my ult because I have an aspect that’s giving me 20% of my maximum health and mana per second. So my ult avalanche s basically a man of potion and health potion combined while being invulnerable and dealing damage

3 Likes

The best way to deal with it in closed beta was aspect of the umbral, but I haven’t found a single one in 60 levels + gambling rings. The codex version is lame and I want a higher roll. It was a common drop before so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

I think they made it rare because they want people to suffer or something. The burning damage mana proc seemed terrible. The mana on cooldown aspect isn’t very useful because the builds that use the most cooldowns don’t use mana.

The campaign auto-drop unique isn’t really something that’s consistent enough that you could drop a basic if you used it.

The cold vulnerable mana proc talent isn’t consistent enough to be good without another backup or stacking mana gen + mana cost reduction that I’m not sure is easy to get since the stat re-roll system isn’t as cheap and easy to use as D3’s.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel the same, even though I’m just level 36. Trying to build around everything I can to get mana back and be carefull so I dont have to run in circle to wait for cooldowns. It’s a fun class when you can manage it, and feels terrible annoying when you’re stuck on solutions for a tiny bit more mana. It’ll probably help down the road, 100+ hours I dunno but, it does’nt feel much of a sorc atm. Considering rerolling neco but really wanna give it a go first…

2 Likes

I’m adding bunch of mana regen stuff and it still feels pretty disgusting. I have chain lightning aspect, ice armor with regen, fiery surge and some minor gear stuff and it still disgusting to cast 4 times and be out of mana and having to wait like 5s for it to regen.

I think the problem is with how much core skills cost - which is 30+ mana or roughly 1/3 of your stock mana pool. It’s absurd.

Generally Fire Bolt (with fiery surge) and Fireball enchantments makes it bearable. Fireball enchantment makes you need less casts to kill same amount of mobs. The other option for leveling is dropping hydras and firewalls - as this build does not rely on continuous attacking.

1 Like

for ice sorcs deep freeze also will regen mana

Have you tested whether Fiery Surge is actually helping? On me, the buff doesn’t actually increase my mana regen when I look at the detailed stats. It just does nothing. Is it different for you?

Even worse have to keep hearing the audio rub it in, its like even they know its ridiculous with how they worded it. “I’m out of mana, once again

They need a way to turn that off.

4 Likes

that little snide once again is driving me crazy too

3 Likes

Holy sh… it doesn’t I just set this up yesterday before going to sleep and didn’t test it, just took it for granted. It doesn’t work even if you kill stuff with native fire skills while they’re burning.

EDIT: did some testing with stop watch - it seems to work, but doesn’t show in stats. Regens faster after 3 casts with killing burning enemy than without. Also the icon appears on buff section when it’s active.

Also it seems to be affecting only core regen, so doesn’t stack with ice armor mana buff. So you get 10mana regen vs 13mana regen which is pretty hard to notice with naked eye, especially that the mana bubble is animating in stutters instead of smooth animation. So yeah - after all seems to be working, just being reflected in stats. I’m getting 8.5s to regen to full after 3 casts to 7.2s. which is still freaking absurd when you think about it.

So it’s still pretty bad, 7.2s after 3 casts to get full mana again and generally, 10% mana regen rate is just too low. Should be 15% at the base at the very least, especially that you don’t have generators.

2 Likes

Yeah but thats almost pointless as when you use it, you basicly fill your mana pool anyway usualy :slight_smile: before it ends.

What does it do actualy?

Huh I never thought of that I’ll have to see if it’s the same if so totes gotta free aspect slot

That’s super bizarre, since other mana regen buffs DO get reflected in stats (like the Concentration affix)

As Frostmage. Ice Shards with vulnerability upgrade and the talent Frigid Breeze and some +Lucky Hit stat does wonders. Because you shoot out 5 shards with one attack and they can chain to other targets. With a bit luck you can barrage a boss with it for the whole stun time.

You can turn that off in audio settings, at the bottom. Was driving me crazy too.

2 Likes

The mana on CD aspect is my only way to get mana back and since 3 of my 4 skills are CDs it definitely helps, not enough sometimes, but it helps. In this instance I am stacking every CDR I can get. Still not enough. I have bypassed higher armor because it doesn’t have CDR or mana reduction cost. I also have the burning damage proc because of the firebolt enchant, but it’s meh, like you said. I’d love an umbral to drop because the codex one is worse than the burning damage proc. Level 70 sorc and still having mana problems. My CDs are Flame Shield, Ice Armor, and Hydra - still not enough regen.