Make Armor Cap 10,000 🛡

New armor cap is 9,230, which seems like a arbitrary number. They should make it a nice round number of 10,000. Also, the developers should consider lowering armor on all sources so Juggernaut, Disobedience, and putting skulls into jewelry have more value.

5 Likes

Was thinking the same

But, the even better solution would’ve been to introduce armor piercing mobs, so that higher armor above 10k (well, 9230 or whatever) would still have some use

1 Like

The OCD is strong with this one…

Not that I don’t agree with you mind you, I’d like a nice round number myself, but I also know I’ll never hit the number exactly while playing, so it doesn’t bug me.

7 Likes

They made an armor cap? :grimacing:

Eh. I guess it is a fix.
But it still seems like a band-aid, instead of fixing the crazy scaling issues.

Anyway, a round number would seem more sensible. Although not a big deal, as long as the cap is clearly stated in armor the tooltip.

Definitely agreed.

If the cap is easy to reach, it is not merely a band-aid, but a bad change.

While I really liked how Resistances was changed to a hard % cap, that is just way too easy to reach, making it feel meaningless.

2 Likes

this cap is still VERY VERY hard to reach playing as a SORC.

just nerf barbs to only getting stats from the “currently weilded weapon” and block all the stats from the other 2 sets of weapons they wear. then your class can suffer not having more then 2 sources of Multi damage mods …

NERF BARBS !

7 Likes

You do know they are keeping the Barb opness and trying to get other classes up to same level by changing their class mechanics, this season it was Necro getting some major Book of the dead buffs, next season will be other classes I guess. There was an interview on PCGamer about this very topic.

Full scale Flavor of the Month design like in D3 :frowning:

Yeah, this honestly should happen.

You cant have exactly 10000 armor anyway

Good point! Why is top level item power not 1000 but is 925? All weird. It’s blizz math. Just accept it will not be intuitive.

The cap of 9,230 is only for level 100 monsters and is a little over 12,000 for level 150 monsters. It has to be even higher for level 200 monsters. Better to have too much than not enough armor particularly if you intend to compete at higher levels.

I think remove the word armor and replace it with physical resistance and can be affected by the all resistances from rings/amulets and get reduced by nightmare/torrment levels. Capping at 85%. This will make it simplified.

1 Like

Nope, that’s how it used to be

Now they’re capping at 9230 total (in S4) regardless of monsters

So there’s a guaranteed start of getting hit harder earlier, (as opposed to tanking like a champ until 1-shot)

But again, they can still keep the cap, but reward (albeit not directly) in some ways those that get more (make some mobs pierce armor albeit not much, say like non-stackable 2k - 3k)

New armor cap is 9,230, which seems like a arbitrary number. They should make it a nice round number of 10,000.

9230 is the calculated number based off the armor formula.
Making it 10000 would - by definition - actually be making it “arbitrary”. :slight_smile:

But I agree. Make it a nice round number.

1 Like

Isn’t the armor formula still dependent on enemy lvl as well, so there isn’t any specific number of armor that will result in any specific DR.

Barbarian can stack four separate aspects two of which give 100% bonus plus multiple affixes as well as gem sockets. And yet Iron Maelstrom deals less damage than any basic in the game.

Stop thinking the same, I’m losing my uniqueness here.

I actually had a 3rd idea related to this subject. Not sure if it’s already in the game, but I would like to see a boss with an ability to reduce player’s health by X% amount regardless of effective health.

1 Like

Depends on what your running. Armor cap in S2/3 was so incredibly easy to achieve for sorce. On top of that depending on the build your playing you had unlimited bubbles along with fortify.

Mentioned this in the other armor thread going on:

Honestly it’s still confusing, but if we just go off of the first sentence, “still need escalating amounts of armor as monster level gets higher.” one could assume that means you will need more beyond the ‘cap’ but it’s just worded oddly the further you go.

1 Like

Guess I need to get around to watching that stream.

But yeah, that does sound confusing.
Sounds a bit like they capped monsters effect on your armor => conversion to monster lvl 100… With the “still need” quote being about a problem they wanted to “fix”?
In which case monsters above lvl 100 would scale less than they did in the past (but then, DR has also been nerfed, so it certainly might not be an overall change).

If you just want the part about the armor cap it’s roughly 54 minutes into the stream. I got the gist that they wanted to let us know the number at least, but it wasn’t necessarily the cap for monsters above 100? I’m not entirely sure.