[Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives

Well. Color me green and call me Gregg.

I installed it on an ancient WD plate drive and the stupid game works.

My SSDs are just generic Inland NVME drives. Literally about 6 years old. They won’t launch the game.

But the plate drives will. What in the world. Y’all forget some compatability?

NVME Micron 3400 MTFDKBA1T0TFH

Kingstone WD-Black Game Drive HDD

Samsung 2 tb nvme. I dont have any hdd or ssd to install on. All i have is 4 nvme in my pc. Pretty clear its a launcher error where the nvme is booting the game up to fast and the launcher is locking up.

Same NVME drive issue as everyone else. Launching the game while simultaneously testing with Crystal Mark reliably works. What also works is creating a virtual hard drive on the NVME drive and installing the game there. Partitioning the NVME into multiple volumes did not work.

edit: my NVME drive is a Sabrent 1tb model: SB-ROCKET-1TB

Hmmm, here’s a thing to try out for those whom are techie.

Apply a Pagefile to said system drive and see if that helps.

Samsung 990 Pro 1TB. Crystaldiskmark work around fixed it for me.

KIOXIA EXCERIA NVMe SSD 500gb LRC10Z500GG8 which ran the beta and server slam perfectly fine, but now Ive had to move the game to one of my hdds to play.

Ok so here is what has just worked for me on a Samsung 970 Pro NVME.

Nothing else had worked and I don’t have a slower SSD to try it on but I created a virtual drive in disk manager and cut/pasted the Diablo IV folder to there, restarted bnet and chose the new VHD Diablo IV folder as the game drive. When I logged in, it got the Connecting to Diablo IV part and hung for about 30 seconds then pushed on and got to character select.

1 Like

Same issue for me on a brand new NVMe SSD. I really hope they take this seriously…

1 Like

Doing some quick research while I’m bored at work…

Running with the notion of the SSDs being to fast.

MS released a patch a while back, KB5008353, that “boosts SSD speeds”

Someone could look into that and try to remove said patch. /shrug

I’m having the exact same issue and I have an nvme drive:

Corsair Force Series™ MP510

I can confirm.
The game does not launch on NVME.
I just installed the game on my SSD and it launched flawlessly, however, if I try to open it on my NVME the game crashes/freezes on the title screen and I have to reboot my PC.
Blizzard needs to fix this asap.

1 Like

Can’t even submit a ticket

I cant understand this, only 10% of players have this issue with game wont work on NVMEs…probably most of the other 90% play from the NVME, how come u can say its not working from NVME lol???

SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 M.2 2280 Internal SSD

Typical headaches playing on the PC…

So many variables to deal with :stuck_out_tongue:

So, yesterday I was able to play fine with my install on the NVME. This morning nothing worked until I found this thread.
I moved my game from the nvme to my old faulty SSD and somehow that fixed my issue. Like wtf lol

Stab in the dark, wonder if it’s a permission thing, they did release a patch, wondering if it borked stuff.

Copy it back to the SSD, new folder, and see if that does anything?

All of you trying to fix the problem for blizzard should be putting in requests for refunds instead. This is not a small indie company and they pushed hard for deluxe and ultimate editions but can’t come through? unacceptable.

4 Likes

OK, I’ve helped someone else with similar issues, not going to believe it…

Try this, as it affects the game directly, esp frame rates and all.

Windows Firewall, disable it and try again. IF it works, modify the FW.