[Main Thread] Greyscreen/stuck on logo at launch - Server Slam May 2023

Still no resolution for this issue. So many people have missed the whole server slam weekend without being able to play a single minute. Two odd weeks out from full release and such huge issues. Nobody from blizzard seems to even want to respond to solve this issue. A lot of people are already wanting refunds. Not good.

1 Like

I managed to make it in last night, get to 20, crash during Ashava. Her last fight is in 2.5 hours and I will not be around for it. Besides that, I have not been able to get past a gray screen since the crash. So even if I stay I will probably not get to kill her.

This has been overwhelmingly disappointing. I do not blame the refunders. I honestly don’t. I paid $100 and I would refund, too, if it weren’t for the fact I know my friends would just push me towards buying it again to play with them.

I have the same problem…
So I can’t play and I can’t get items from beta test…
bye bye blizzard

Anyone seen any comment by blizzard for this issue at all?

3 Likes

I was just going to post about this. I haven’t seen anything regarding possible causes or fixes. Hard to buy a game when you don’t even know if it will work.

1 Like

Same story Brother, got the PC for this and spend hours on forums and crashed screens and what not, GPU crying when charging and other weird stuff.

I don’t think it has anything to do with your hardware. I think it’s entirely a software conflict, and since most other games don’t have them–I presume with your hardware, it’s certainly true for me–this is a software fix on Blizzard to solve.

I mean, OOP did note that the game ran fine for the previous two betas. Given everyone else’s evidence that none of the suggested fixes work reliably, this is something else on Blizzard to solve.

Kinda sucks, but it is what it is. It’d be nice if they worked with us to solve it, though.

Same problem on my end. RTX 3060 and Ryzen 7 5800

I got to play maybe 4 or so hours on PC in total this time. Game was gray screening and crashing instantly on startup 99% of the time. The last two betas I had zero problems, game ran fine last month.

On the other hand, PS5 ran perfect. Had no issues

For me, I played enough to do Ashava many time. But it was only possible because I did nothing but keep trying to reboot, close everything and try again until I get in.
But even when I played, I really disliked the experience due to this issue.
And I’m afraid if this happens at launch, while I bought the game to play early…
So if this happens at launch, the only answer will be a refund… sadly

Did they ever post anything about this problem? I never saw anything even acknowledging it.

I never saw any acknowledgement but I saw a post about it being a ssd cache issue. I have a Crucial ssd and disabled momentum cache and the game ran flawlessly the rest of the slam.

1 Like

Thank you! I missed that post. Good to know there is a solution.

Just confirming that this has NOT been fixed with the retail Diablo IV client. Anyone having this issue I suggest rebooting and launching the game immediately; it’s the only thing that works for me.

just tried to play early access, still stuck at Blizzard logo screen

Same issue stuck at blizzard logo when starting game…

nice to see this issue is still here couldn’t play server slam and now i can’t play in the race

Same, Frozen at the Blizzard logo. I’ll try my rapid clicking solution and report back.

*edit
I managed to get in by rapidly clicking until the queued for login screen. This was the same thing i had to do during the original beta and the server slam. Good to see nothing came out of my bug reports. :\

it will get you past it but it will then freeze at some point during login process

Hey all,

This was from way back in the server slam, and there aren’t any known issues at the moment that cause this. That all said, there are a ton of reasons why this might happen, unfortunately, and we wouldn’t be able to troubleshoot all of these in one thread.

My best advice to you all if this is happening is to check the troubleshooting for your error on this thread:

If it doesn’t help, you’d want to follow the instructions at the bottom of the post to submit a ticket or create a thread of your own. (Note that because of how busy the forums are currently, you are more likely to receive a reply to a ticket than an individual thread.)

Since this thread predates the live version of the game by a large margin and this isn’t related to any known bugs or anything, going to lock this one up.