Lucky hit with corpse explosion is non existent

The tooltip is wrong. Ive tried both blighted corpse explosion and regular corpse explosion.

It never ever procs mendelns. It never procs any lucky hit stuff for that matter.

I use howl from below, i never see a mob getting feared.

Whats going on here?

It works TOO WELL for my explosive shadow mist build. I’m constantly fearing elites and mobs. It procs a lot better when you have 6 + mobs. What’s your lucky hit at? I’m sitting at 38% currently with 38% cdr.

I do see it stun mobs from Crippling Darkness.

Someone else can correct me if needed, but I’m pretty sure the calculation is not represented to the end user aka the tooltip is part of a calculation and therefore semi useless information/bad.

15% chance to proc stun with shadow
48% lucky hit on blighted corpse explosion
.48*.15=.072 or 7.2%
Let’s say you have 25% bonus lucky hit
.072*1.25=.09 or 9%

So, you’d only have 9% chance to stun per hit from blighted corpse explosion, including25% lucky hit bonus

The end result of all of this should be on the actual spell tooltip/mouseover though.

Does CDR have any effect on lucky hit?

Yes, it works too well from my experience too with BCE. On the other hand, it is non existent fron my experience using sever.

I was hoping to to have constant bone storm using sever, but nope.

And why the hell is sever at only 20% lucky hit chance while bone spear is at 50%?

1 Like

I literally cannot blow the corpses up fast enough because of the amount of lucky hit I have. As I type this, I am slowly being crushed to death at the bottom of a pile of them. Please send help.

I would guess Sever is at 20% because with zero aspects you have it doing initial damage and return damage…possibly? Maybe it has 2 chances to proc a lucky hit…just a guess.

Just proc with corpse tendrils

You’re likely not aware when it’s proccing. Initially I wasn’t. Then I added high crit chance/damage, adding aspect of grasping veins on tendrils and right away noticed 400k-3 mil damage procs. BCE procs it on HIT and it seems to proc much higher chance when that HIT hits a bunch of mobs, not single target. I can proc it on nearly every pack.

I have +50% lucky hit on my gear and it procs fear way too much its actually annoying.

On the funny side, during the event in helltide where nightmare portals spawn the portals themselves can be feared, they literally go flying off the screen and i struggle to close them as they keep flying out of the corpse explosion blight lol.

2 Likes

Works for me. And when im at 41% lucky hit it’s nonstop magic time.

It’s like taking a white hot knife through butter.

Lucky hit is my new friend. Those elixirs…ooof. i just hope blizz fixes the bug with them soon- elixir doesnt add/ or reduces existing lucky hit from gear.

Nope, significantly worse.

First of all, the 25% would be included in the tooltip (unless it’s conditional), the base is 40%, so you would have 50%.

But the thing is, DoT skills (and sorc/druid companions) are per-use not per-hit (with exception of Hewed Flesh which is bugged). This means that each hit of BCE has a 50/12 chance to lucky hit because the DoT has 12 ticks or 4.16%, and then that has a 15% chance to stun, or 0.625% chance per tick of the DoT.

Ah ok, so the tooltip does reflect bonus. It just doesn’t reflect the rest of the calc- so it’s still worthless at the end of the day, as it doesn’t reflect a final value.

The tooltips reflect bonuses you meet conditions for like generic LH, or LH while you have a barrier while you have a barrier on (haven’t tested just assume because of how damage while healthy works with attack power in character sheet). Also some conditionals don’t show on character sheet in town as well.

But if your tooltip says 48% it’s because you have 20% applying to that tooltip, the base is 40%.

You’re right for LH- I didn’t realize that. It’s very inconsistent overall for the tooltips though.

For example, the Golem mastery skill is 25%(x) HP/damage per point invested and will reflect HP change in the golem spell tooltip in or out of town. The legendary golem paragon 40%(x) HP/damage does NOT reflect on the tooltip in or out of town- I actually don’t even think it works at all, based on some quick testing I did- though maybe someone else knows for sure.

Pretty sure the golem paragon board is totally fubared

Yup, I think so too. That and the fact that if you are a summoner, the golem is probably 5-7% of your outgoing pet damage. I think they made a mistake in having an entire paragon board dedicated to a pet who really has no influence besides it’s casted ability, which the board has no influence on. Even if the golem board did work, it serves no purpose beyond picking up a glyph socket- it needs a total overhaul.