Loot Re-Bored - Evaluation and Tips

Coming from Season 1 and pre-Season this new system doesn’t really feel better.

There’s a number of reasons and I’ll do my best to cover them.

• Base Rolls - You traded one color for another. Instead of looking through yellows for something to build on. I’m looking through Legendaries. Depending on your outlook you then also make these pointless once the player has every slot with multiplier rolls.

• Tempering - The multiplier rolls. While mentioned above. This can be seen as trimming what the player has to bother looking at in their inventory after a point. It also has a profoundly bad feeling once tempering is involved. I’ve had 2 and even 3 roll gear brick which feels worse than an old 50mil Occultist roll.

• Masterwork - This is generally just one basic issue. +Skill rolls. In general a player will always want that 4 rank bonus on +Skill rolls which creates a very limited array with painfully repetitive grinding and gold dumps. I find it a bit backwards that doing masterwork before tempering can actually be more beneficial.

First thing on base rolls. Why is Thorns one? This should be a better temper craft. LoH and Regen are fine but too low to realistically consider. Stat roll weight feels a bit rough.

On Tempering. You might want to consider some grind method to gain additional rolls. Building items is fun, bricking them is not. You just need to make sure it’s not a better option than masterwork on a base 3 roll item before tempering.

On Masterwork. Outside the mandatory 4 hit on Skill rolls. Not much to be said here. It’s just a grind that’s slightly more interactive and RNG than the previous system.

Also the Occultist is too greedy for this particular system. Again because of the multiplier rolls. When you get a 2 of 3 item, you’re going to roll till you get the stat you need.

Overall I feel this new system feels better because it’s overall stronger and not because of the itemization system itself is better. You got the part of building onto items right. It’s fun but you also just annihilated anything short of a legendary. Which isn’t very legendary.

You guys did great on the patch, i hope this game get develop so much. Im sorry to say this but maybe please please look on Runemaster from Last epoch, something to learn for a class, it will be fun if theres something similar to that in diablo IV. it will be like playing dota as invoker in Diablo world.

I dont agree with your first post about base rolls. Before you hade to look at an insane amounts of yellow items with 4 “damage on tuesdays” affixes. Now you look at a lot less legendaries with 3 easy to understand affixed. The difference is HUGE compared to previous seasons. I spend 80% less time looking at my inventory in S4 compared to S1.

Tempering - yeah a lot of posts are about being able to brick the item.

1 Like

I was more talking about how Legendary items replaced Yellow items which are now pointless beyond level 15 over the affixes they can roll.

There’s a whole progression system that was just deleted.

Though even when they had more affixes depending where you are in gear. I looked for 2 affixes I didn’t want and moved on. I do the same thing now. The main thing that changed for me was eventually I only bother to look at multiplier rolls. That, intentional or not is a notable time save.

Removes too much depth imo. Everything just ends up being + damage and + life. Yawn.

1 Like

agree here

all they had to do was remove one affix from rares and we were fine