Looking for Blizz Math Expert on HOTA

So let’s say for round numbers you were doing 500M in damage.

What do we expect the damage to be now after skill tree changes and paragon board (blood range) changes?

80-85% reduction? So maybe 80-100M leftover damage? Or even less?

Boodrange from say 80% down to 30%
Banished Lord 120% down to 60%
Earthstriker 50% down to 30%
Hammer of the Ancients remove fury bonus, so remove say 180%

Too many factors to calculate. You need to provide a lot more stats. Like Overpower damage, max Fury, Critical Damage. You can test this out yourself on live server. Just unequip certain pieces of gear.

Dang how do u do that much, i only average between 100-200+ million on high end, rarely 300m.

Seems, they didnt nerf hota build but killed it, will be lucky if we still manage 50-100m hits

Well I think those big numbers come from red furor and banished lords proc together. Otherwise usulaly in the 150M range.

And maybe last gap is I have overpower damage also on chest for the last boost and an axe somewhere for extra damage healthy for the 1 shot.

Not quite sure but it is a massive Nerf since everything is multiplicative with one another. Even if Affixes increased blah blah blah, they did so for everything.

Furious Upheaval is hands-down better than HoTA now. Sundered Ground, Hellhammer, multiple OP sources, CoTA, Red Ring, WW, WA, Leap Quake Ancestral Echoes. Disobedience with this means perma stacks due to Quakes, WW, and Burning. WW for 4 seconds gives you a Red Ring proc to start it all off.

My initial guess is down 85% average damage after running through the multipliers.

So 75M high side if previously doing 500M without any seasonal buffs or 150M if previously doing 1B.

Hopefully one of the savvier blizz math people can chime in on what the nerf looks like.

Builds that rule now will be ruled out next season. Try Barb Nado version 4.0 (WW or DS). Watching Rob’s reaction video it looked like his puppy just died.

Barbnado tells Wolfnado to hold thier beer…the real tornado build. LOL.

there are so many changes im guessing the reduction will be greater than 85%. will know more april 2nd. it definitely seems like they killed the build so i will probably just do a bleed/rupture build. maybe throw in thorns for fun

For me these nerfs are also way too high - I mean, it would have been okay for me if they further nerfed HotA another 50-60% or so, but not by probably around 90%. Let the build be S4 endgame viable. I mean, what other damage dealer is left when you can fight LVL 200 Uber Bosses and up to LVL 250 enemies next season Barb wise? Sure, you probably can compensative part of the nerf with some upgraded aspects or lvl 12 item upgrades, but I guess that will make not that big difference in comparison.

I from time to time play my S2 HotA - at the moment I only do like 2-5 Mio. low crits…30-50 Mio. often und more really rare - the highest number I saw was 101 Mio. - but, that is extreme rare. When I lose another let’s say 90%…the low crit hits will be six digit…so a hard high ND mob will be really a challenge, if you have to hit 'em like five times in a row or so with bad luck.

Btw.: At the end of S2 I did up to 289 Mio. hits - regular around 90-150 Mio - so, yeah - it was not that much AoZ here. ^^

So as a short summary - in my opinion at least the Charge / HotA build should remain at S-Tier for S4 endgame and this would be possible when not nerfed to the ground. I would be totally fine with it when I only would see like 10-20 Mio. hits regular and 30-50 Mio. rarely and like 1-3 Mio. lows with my S2 HotA char [excl. new S4 items], but for the higher S4 endgame challenges, I disagree to reduce these numbers further.

Maybe there is a small chance, that Blizz will reduce those nerfs a bit after some PTR feedback…

75m is still an absurd number compared to what other classes and skills were doing. HoTA was way over performing and it’s just the balance going into PTR. Could always get tweaked again before s4

I suppose the question behind the question for me is whether or not the devs are envisioning a minimum amount of time to fight a boss and that drives the damage number final outcome. e.g. LIghtning Storm largely untouched buff or nerf. And so if takes 30 seconds solo…maybe that is their ideal end state.

Either way, 75M being absurd or not…still trying to forecast how bad the nerf is if baseline was 500M and working backwards from the multipliers.

Hota was hitting for literal billions when alot of stuff on the end are still below 20M.

Its a massive nerf yes, but it was dumb.

Its not a nerf.

Here, hota barb gets shot at from behind but still alive and then they and the other nerfalems gathers round to club hota to death.

So I keep forgetting about attack speed and greater affixes. Same for greater affixes on stat rolls. If we assume the base multiplier drops damage by 90% for round numbers, then we ‘re-buff’ with Attack speed greater affix on Gloves, Red Furor Ring…I think we claw our way back to only minus 70-65% (very, very rough numbers).

Maybe if we re-route weapon mastery to 2H mace expertise we can still 1 shot most regular bosses and then cede the take down of the level 200 uber uber bosses to Conjuration Sorc while we fill the traditional role of tank.