LOCKING and then Crashing

This has happened twice now, in the last 24 hours.

The first time, I was in a pitched battle with some dead things. My screen suddenly went blank (grey), I got a small box that VERY briefly said LOCKING and then the screen went black. I have a lighted keyboard so the laptop hadn’t shut down, it just went blank. No input from the keyboard was recognized or accepted. Not even CTRL ALT DEL.

This time I did a force quit because nothing would bring up a screen.

Second time, I just teleported back to town, was idle for maybe a minute and then the same sequence - Blank screen, LOCKING, black screen, no input accepted.

This time I waited it out to see what it would do. My entire laptop rebooted and after I got back into Windows, I got the loading screen for the game trying to tell me I had been disco’d and then tried to load my game again. Then it crashed to the desk top.

This is new, for me, in the last 24 hours.

I dont know yet if this is a YOU problem or a ME problem, but since it happened twice now, thought I would post it.

1 Like

I am also having this issue on PS5 especially within this last couple hours.

1 Like

Now the third time in a row this has happened. Exactly the same sequence/result; blank grey screen, small box that says LOCKING, black screen, no input accepted, shuts down.

Very annoying and I am beginning to think this is a YOU problem rather than a ME one.

I have been crashing on steam deck can’t move my character or else I crash and restart. Very frustrating.