Let us pause the game

99% of the game is played solo, there’s no good reason to not let us pause the game.

Actually it’s already half in the game: while leeching free xp by waiting at a spring in a quest, I became AFK: my sprite turned ghostly, monsters spawned under my feet but didn’t attack until I moved again.

All we need is a button to instantly go afk. Of course it should disable all rewards (xp, gold, loot, etc). Multiplayer content can have this feature disabled.

6 Likes

If you use a town portal you have a safety/pause button

11 Likes

Not being able to pause the game makes it hard to chat with other HC players.

2 Likes

But maybe I can’t channel my portal. I just want a immediate pause.

Unless you need to pause the moment you start attacking a pack, why would you have difficulty channeling?

Bosses? High density endgame content?

What about when someone knocks on the door, or a cat spills something on my desk, or a million other things that could happen and I need to jump up for a moment?

99% of other games have a pause button. Let us choose to play solo and pause the game. This is necessary for HC at the very least.

8 Likes

Think of it as an MMO game where there is no pause button then? I just don’t see them adding it while the game is online. If the game ever adds an offline mode sure.

Fine. Remove the MMO part, then add pause.

Both of these are things that people want.

7 Likes

They are also things they probably won’t get anytime soon.

Then you die, pay a small reapair cost when you are next in town, and respawn in a safe spot to which you see when you return from your real world distraction.

5 Likes

Could be. But the time is NOW and THIS is the place to discuss these things.

If you don’t want it, then put forth a reasonable argument as to why a pause button is a bad thing, and why having the option to enter a solo game is a bad idea.

If not, then stop trying to stifle other people’s opinions when you have not given a reason why.

2 Likes

Because they aren’t going to change an MMO style mechanic that they have worked on for years just because you want a pause button? I could see having a pause button if you are alone in a dungeon, but that’s about it.

Did you not read the part I wrote about HC players?

1 Like

There is a pause for the game actually. It’a Alt+F4

3 Likes

They need to hear the opinion of the people. And you are trying to silence it since you think it won’t happen. That is not a valid reason.

They need to know in advance that we will be upset, and then they won’t have to wonder why people are unhappy later on.

They need to hear it even if they have already made up their mind.

Let’s assume they intend to fix HC to work properly.

Just letting you know it’s going to go in one ear and out the other apart from possibly dungeons. Do you really think people didn’t complain when they first said they were going to do this?

The op have unrealistic ideas.

Yes. What I don’t get is why you are trying to squelch the outcry.