Lacking social system

No disrespect but it looks like you just posted a brain fart above. Ignoring legit requests for needed fundamental features just because someone (anyone) might complain?! I paid just like you paid so I get to voice my point of view. You can call that PoV an opinion or a complaint, but no matter how you label it, the lack of fundamental features persists. Completing the current D4 vanilla game is not a task of shutting players up, but a task of completing the product that customers paid for. Everyone paid and pre-ordered the game knew there would be needed fixes and the game would not be perfect at release so, implicitly grace was extended to Blizz and D4 dev team. Grace does not last for ever. Essentially Blizz and D4 dev team executed a “don’t worry be crappy” with the D4 release. However, the compliment to the above quoted reference is “better… better be coming and coming quickly.” So, its nearly a year since release and they didn’t bother to do a relatively simple copy and modify job? Come on man… wake up and smell the unfinished business before you.

Whether or not the game being dead, Blizz management made the choice to make an online only game that they touted would be kept up to date and maintained beyond the initial release. The above same referenced group went on to announce that they were going to be working on an expansion to the initial D4 game. Hold on. Stop the presses. Do not pass GO. Please redirect that effort into fixing and completing the original D4 game before any talk of expansions. They have no excuse. They have the talent, the infrastructure, and the money to get the job done. The inclusion of LFG and community related features need no wait until the next season. Get it done, test it, and patch it in. Those features do not affect game play, damage, defense, etc. and they are NOT QoL features they are needed fundamental features that were not included at release.

The real question is why did you buy junk and then expect them to fix it because you bought it knowing you wouldn’t like it and bought it anyway

Junk is your label not mine. Insight and understanding of all of the flaws, during the beta and at release, were not known. Some of the flaws and short comings become understood after:

• playing the game for some time beyond level 25 or 50
  • interacting with and modifing paragon boards
  • respec’ing and refunding skill points
  • leveling 1 or more alts above level 50
  • engaging end game content
  • spending time at level cap, farming, and working toward perfecting gear

So, to expect a perfect or near perfect product at release is unrealistic. To expect players to have a deep and thorough understanding of the game and its flaws, at release, is unrealistic.

One thing that is good with D2 is that XP is best done in group but mf is not. Hunting levels and hunting items are two separate things while in D4 they are combined into one.

Also leveling to 91-92 can easily be done solo and 93-99 doesnt really add that much character power so it’s not mandatory when it comes to building a GG character. Meaning that while those who like to play Solo cant really reach 99 alone they also dont have to because it’s not mandatory for their character’s power.

I recently played D2r and had no problem soloing “SSF” to 91 with my paladin and having a fun time doing it. Did same in PD2 and then joined groups to XP to lvl 99. And when I got bored of XP I just did some MF alone.

It’s a bit of rambling but I think D4 devs would benefit of looking at the D2 system and trying to build D4 in a similar way which they so far have not.

Thanks. This is going to make the game so much better.

Triggered much?

It is not hard to meet people and join a clan. That is what players did before group finders became a thing in mmos. This is not an mmo. There is no content that requires a group to complete. If you want to play with others, join a clan or discord. That is what people who actually want multiplayer instead of a carry are doing. You dont need a group finder or matchmaking service in an online single/multiplayer game. If the devs cave and put one in, fine. But it would be an incredible waste of time and resources.

fair enough but you still bought a game that

You still bought a game with these whatever you want to call it and then complain about it when you could of not bought it and waited till they fixed it

But to buy it knowing it had issues and then complain about the issues

but its OK to knowingly buy a game with problems that you knew about before you bought it and complain about same problems

maybe you didn’t have

you may not of known of ALL the flaws but you still knew it had flaws even if you didn’t know all of them
and you bought it anyway

Yeah, i liked the chatboard in DII, wich was a row of chars of each player which was logged in. Also a language selection was there. It was very very nice. So please Bliz make someting like that again!

Can’t stress enough how well Diablo 4 runs on steam deck.

Everyone says get a better Pc but you are literally right Iggi, for some reason it runs better on non bleeding edge tech.

1 Like

I’ve never been one for buying high end video cards myself. I have a 3060 in my rig right now, and while yes I won’t ever see the hairs growing out of a pimple in a video game, I’m perfectly fine with that. My system hasn’t had any issues with D4 or any other game I choose to play. I don’t need 500 FPS when my eyes can’t see past 60.

Would it be nice to have a beefy card that costs more then I paid for my washer and dryer? Sure, but it’s definitely not needed. My system is stable, it’s reliable, and I have no issues, that’s all I care about.

So that you can send chats to players who want to be left alone? No thanks

This is incredibly good news and will really help the game out a lot. If you happen to make it like Diablo 2’s custom game list, you’ll be my best friend forever. But d3’s version will work fine too.

This game really needs the community, social, and group enablement systems of D3. Leaning on Discord is a very bad idea. The D3 systems would make the chat function and window useful. Instead of having to spew my battle tag or other account ID data a system right-click in-game would be used.

Because of the MMO design elements (the overworld) its less likely that the devs will be able to use the D2 design. The D3 design would make sense because it is based on the battle net platform which D4 is a client of. The solution is simple and elegant. Its really bad when one can connect with people and coordinate in-game activities in the previous era game (D3) better than the latest era game (D4). Its such a step backward.

I played D3 for almost 10years with some pauses, and last years I played only because I made friends from Germany, Turkey… even South Africa beeing in same server woth Europe and in this way had a lot of fun. of course I would quit without that grouping options from D3. Diablo Immortal was even better on this I admit.

New affix: Pc good on thursday looool

No Group Finder either! Thanks to screwing over your fans with lies over the years!

Went had then they said ever a group finder was a thing in this?

Liar! The same way you are Aware of of us paying customers wanting Group Finder in Diablo 4 in the game? LIAR! Let’s go back years to false advertisement! Up to your lies until Group Finder actually comes in game! So be an actual man of your word! No more ex get it in game asap.

Or as one suuggestion has said, all the individuals in a group can offer up mats at one time (so if a boss needed 5 living steels to summon, then everyone pitches in 5, for a total of 20) and bosses drops 4 summons worth of loot (so instead of summoning 4 times, you just get it all in one summon).

Another suggestion of the same vein was instead of 4 summons worth of loot, you get a a better chance at the rarest drops (so maybe doubling/tripling the chances).

As it stands, i hate grouping up. So time consuming

Edit: time consuming for an ARPG. I use to raid lead in WoW (especially pugs), so im use to blocking off time for an activity, but thats for 1-3 hours, not… this.