Keep PTR Up Till it goes Live

Keep the PTR up till it goes live on the servers. A lot more fun to play the PTR version then the current live version. This is so much more fun to play.

38 Likes

please give us more time to test - can’t go back to retail after this

10 Likes

You are absolutely correct.

6 Likes

I don’t think it is feasible to keep it up until launch. The team will need a significant amount of time to address all the issues found in just 1 week.

2 Likes

Agree hehe. They have enough feedback already to go work on the major issues/bugs I think.

It’s FUN playing OP Barb, Druid and Sorc builds in the PTR…it’ll be really dull going back to S3 after this lol.

I have a Barb too and he is an absolute beast.

Let’s keep the PTR up, who wants to go back to S3 now?

2 Likes

Bad idea. If they were to keep the PTR up with all these OP build then the crying when they release S4 and the “fixed” content would be deafening with all the “Why you NERF my…???”

1 Like

What does that have to do with keeping the PTR up?
All they need to do is literally leave it on like they are right now.

There’s no reason to go back to S3. WHo the hell wants to play that crap. Just let us play this PTR until S4 starts. They can fix the stuff as they need to on their end.

1 Like

Then maybe they shouldn’t nerf good things.

1 Like

Wonderful idea, but I highly doubt they would want to do that. I agree PTR is now better than retail, but those changes with the feedback will also need time to be implemented in the retail version.

That’s fine they can make the changes as they see fit. They don’t need to listen to more feedback. People are just asking for the PTR to stay up not for changes to the upcoming season but simply because it is more fun than that dull excuse for a season 3.

Keep PTR up with one of two changes:

1/ increase crystal drops; or
2/ fix bug where i lose my codex if i insta-100 a new char (to get crystals)

They can then work on all the feedback and choose whether to release any of them to PTR for additional verification/feedback, or, hold all for full S4 launch.

Maintaining the PTR servers shouldn’t be a huge lift.

Just having too much fun. This is what D4 should have been from launch.

4 Likes

You are assuming there is a single environment where they deploy and test changes to. Not a good assumption. Likely this is a UAT environment that is player facing. They could spin up another environment if they wanted to, if they dont have one already specifically for their own uses/testing.

id love another week of ptr as well

3 Likes

Define “good things” please. Is it a good thing when a skill or set of skills makes it so that no one else can play the game while you are around? Is it a good thing when all the content in the game is trivial and boring because you can one shot everything or are totally immune so that you have no risk of having your character die ever?

It is also not a nerf because this stuff has not yet been finalized and released. It is still being tested and testing has shown that a lot of stuff is simply to strong to be good for the longevity of the game.

3 Likes

these kind of op builds are definitely not good things.

especially those that make you unable to see things and drop your framerate.

it’s pretty bad.

problem is : lot of people won’t play S4 if they do i think.

also, people will get conflicted when they get too used to OP madness and lv 100 boost etc…

2 Likes

It is not going to happen because there is no Real Shop in PTR. Thanks Blizzzard for a very fun one week short sprint nevertheless :+1: :+1: :+1: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

If they were to keep the PTR up (which I doubt), would everyone be ok with it going down pretty often for fixes, and retesting? You’ll have to assume some changes you made might be lost.

1 Like