Just a silly little thing

I have played Tabletop RPGs since the 70s, so story and character background is important to me.

I decided to play through the main campaign and the expansion for my seasonal character in season 6, with the new class. But my “wanting in story explanation” thing was bugging me. Not enough to not do it mind you, just a little “hey”

Then it came to me - The novice Spiritborn was approached by an old wise man (Witch Doctor maybe) who said “trouble is stirring, and you must go to where it is happening” took him to a ancient place of power and sent me there (i.e. a portal).

Then he gets moved to the start of the campaign.

Like I said silly little thing.

1 Like

well, it is understandable if you are a tabletop guy, and also played diablo 3 for example.

Thats a thing i actually liked there, considering the playable classes were kinda the prodigies of their professions, and all had a backstory.

In d4 we are back to being “nobody wanderers” ^^ (which i dont mind, but yea, it for sure is some story people could miss)

2 Likes

It may be heresy here, but D3 was my first ARPG (I dabbled in some others). I really hope we get info on Tyrael and the Nephilim at some point.

1 Like

hah, so my guess was accurate ^^

yea, the story telling on the character side is as i said very different to d3. d4 goes rather the d2 route there.

If you want more story tho - diablo has quite a big lore which you can watch, and read up on online =)

over all the diablos, theres quite some nice lore. i can also advice you the books!

1 Like

yeah its silly, thats probably one of the most boring backstories ive read in a long time^^

1 Like

I just wanted a justification in story for why a Spiritborn was started the campaign of core Diablo It was good enough for that.

yeah i get that, but if that was the story behind it, i would not even wanna read it :smiley:

1 Like

who knows, stuff might also get added for the spiritborn. Thats also something the diablo lore is known for. details often come quite a bit later. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I watched all of Rhykers videos, some others, and there is a new guy Loatheburger who does little 7 or 8 minute videos covering a topic, one was the start of the universe, another was the 7 evils and how they were “born” and basic relationships.

Honestly I want to play a tabletop game (doesn’t have to me Sanctuary) - that was created by a rogue and demon breaking away and humans being the result. But in my mind those two had a much happier ending than Inarius and Lillith.

1 Like

honestly, in my IDEAL d4 fantasy wed have had the chance to either side with lilith or inarius, and the playerbase decision would have changed things ^^

it would be much cooler if he had his own adventures, till the paths crossed with the bearer of mephs shard, but thats probably too much to ask :slight_smile: , but you never know. Wow did start some Hero classes at higher starting levels, so they fit in with their own backstory

1 Like

i could actually see more story there happening in the class feature quests to be honest. sadly we will have to wait a bit longer to find out Dx

I always did enjoy the RPG part of the ARPG games. Have fun.