Its Not Burnout, Its Just Not Fun

Yeah… that seems WAY more correct from memory. I though WotLK was the best WoW ever got. I left before Cata due to a combination of losing my PvP “guild” (few people in different guilds) and then just burning out on competitive raiding but not wanting to casually play either.

I still think WoW was a good game just… once I really lost my opening launch social group the game just lost A LOT of magic.

Awesome, and I’ll say it was when PvP moved to cross-server matching that ruined the game as you lost developed rivalries. People are going to say different things killed WoW based on what mattered to you

1 Like

:rofl:

Maybe don’t make up bold faced lies about easily verifiable statistics. You deal with it bro.

I caught you in your BS, now sit down and be quiet.

6 Likes

TBC was trash, deal with It.

1 Like

He’s lying, and now he’s angry that I caught him lol

He probably watched his brother play WoW back then; almost assuredly the reality.

Like yea, TBC was so trash that millions of players spent over a decade begging Blizzard to bring it back as a classic version.

SO TRASH. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Do I need to call the buambulance cause your feelings got hurt cause other people don’t like your videogame?

Poor boy

1 Like

Only one with hurt feelings here is you, you small sad little man.

You are making patently false statements about the most beloved game in the entire franchise, and also about the number of active players.

People loved ‘my video game’ so damn much that they created their own private servers to go back and play that game ,after Blizzard fell off the mark post Pandaria. It was so successful that Blizzard themselves bought out that team, and then launched Classic WoW.

Clearly you are trolling, or failing that, just plain old dumb. This will be my last acknowledgement of your prescence.

Please go crawl back into whatever hole of irrelevance you came out of, and grow up ya big baby.

5 Likes

Cry me more, it’s so amusing

2 Likes

I took a 3 day break from d4 just now, and having gotten no uniques today (argh) i will come back maybe in 2 days or when that patch comes. I just play ninja gaiden in the mean time.

2 Likes

I hear you. I’ve booted up D3 and spent hours playing season 28.

When I boot up D4, I want to play it but after an hour of running back and forth through instances and a dead open world, coupled with the horrible level scaling and itemization that is just awful I find I tend to quit playing after maybe an hour. It’s just not engaging.

The worst offender is the lack of dopamine hits that this game sorely lacks for all the reasons I’ve stated and more that I haven’t.

D3, and hell even Grim Dark do it better. I hope that D4 catches up over time with improvements but damn Blizz screwed the pooch hard on this one.

18 Likes

Yea lets get back to the real convo.

There are a lot of things in D4 I like, and a lot I don’t. It was just really disappointing to get tricked by Blizzard’s hype machine.

I won’t fall for it ever again, I promise this time :joy:

Typically they are usually eventually able to patch their games into a fun and complete product, I should have known better and just waited.

12 Likes

You aren’t alone in getting sucked in man. We are here suffering alongside you :wink:

4 Likes

Sucks for Blizzard it won’t be before POE2 release… which will affect future profits via skins/passes

3 Likes

I probably won’t come back to this franchise after PoE 2 lol

9 Likes

i don’t know. this game is so flawed. On one side, graphics look good. But game systems devs just did an abysmal job, really … its just so terrible. its absically a beta. And it happens again & again. Everything in d4 is repetetive - but not in a good way. i know 100% when i click an event there will be 2 mobs that shield all the others or mobs will spawn from thin air which is now the new norm. WOHOOO! SURPRISE! MOBS FROM NOWHERE! who would have expected that after it happens every 5 mins in this game? Have to open 100000000000000000000000 doors on my way to 100 because somehow doors are now the endgame nr 1. Its just so lazy & low effort. Have to deal with stupid cc & abilities that probably never got tested. 10x 12% resource range resource leech mobs with 2 shielding mobs that fire while youre not even in the screen? yea, its beta tesating all over … i’m so sick of it. its allways the systems that are just so bland & bad … again no improvements in the game like simple bagspace. For 20 years they hear “we need more space” … and they dont do it. You cant even ride a hourse without getting stuck 100000x in this 100€ game. Compare this to Lost Ark that cost 0€.

17 Likes

Don’t worry, we’ll get diablo 5 next season. Where you fight el diablo but this time he diablos even harder

8 Likes

While I understand your point, I think the main issue is that the game is not rewarding as weird s that sounds. Exciting drops which stay with you forever have been replaced with a weird Item Power system that makes everything negligible and prime for future power creep and level cap increases.

I also think you have a bad case of nostalgia, I guarantee you that if you didn’t build the habit of doing Baal runs and started today you would find them boring.

1 Like

Who ?
/20 charrrrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Me
20 Char required.

Burnout comments always made me think something like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The endgame is entirely boring. It’s so boring it’s actually embarrassing regarding build endgame viability/diverse options, item power levels constantly being 150 under me, looking for 1-2 aspects constantly because I’m pigeon holed into a build, add scaling, add leveling. This is a bad formula imo.

5 Likes