Itemization = Micromanagment

Hi,

the current itemization is associated with so much micromanagement, which is not really fun. People ask for loot filters, but this adresses the symptoms, but not the root cause.

Aspects Handling
Managing aspects in inventory is extremly cumbersome, especailly combined with the limitation to use it only once.
Proposal: After an extraction store the retrieved values in the codex for unlimited use. This would make life so much easier and allows to try out alternative builds.

Scanning yellow items
An inventory full of yellow trash, which I need to scan to identify the single 1:10.000 chance of a good yellow item. Far too many stats, few good ones. This feels like the old Diablo 3 Vanilla “Random shi…t generator”, which was replaced with smart loot.
I don’t want a loot filter, I simply want to be able to indentify an item to be better than others by finding a unique item or a legendary.

Proposal:
Give your Legendaries some fixed stats, which makes them statistically superior.

Uniques
Items and especially weapons depend your your char level and are replaced with char progression, which means you never find a great one during your level process, as the damage depends on the char level.

Proposal:
Make uniques level independent (with min level).

You have created an amazing game, which has a lot of potential.

Thanks,

Surprise this get no attention.

Good post with a solution to the reason why this game is garbage.

This is a great post. I hope the devs listen and implement some version of these ideas to address a real problem with the game.

Many have asked for this… I’m still not sure how it would work on the long term… I mean I guess each new upgrade makes extractions cost more ? :thinking:

I think legendaries already have some chance to get better/higher rolls… They’re dropping quite a bit in the game, especially at mid-high-T4 levels. The problem is having a good legendary with the aspect what you need is totally abysmal

This can be simply fixed by adding an option to remove the inherent affix from a legendary but keep the item, so you can imprint another on it’s spot :slight_smile:

Have you seen the "Season 4 Campfire " session with an outlook on the itemization?

I really appreciated, how they have addressed the pain points above. I love that they did it without having a mandatory loot filter.

Let us give it a try on the PTR.
Great move to postpone the season start to get these core issues resolved.