Is there a way to save a build

is there a way to save a certain build in d4, like the closet in diablo 3 where one character can quickly change to a different build. i would like to try sever build for necro but dont want to destory my blood build or board or run another character to 100

2 Likes

Not as of yet.

3 Likes

As of right now, in terms of QoL and maturity, D3 is much better because D3 has been developed and improved for much longer. If you try to look for D3 QoL in D4, you will just be disappointed. In time, D4 will catch up to D3, but we ain’t there yet.

You would think an AAA title would launch with a feature that has been pretty much regarded as a “Standard” for ARPGs and is part of its predecessor, D3. The answer is no, you cannot and trying to redo Paragon and swap between builds is a gigantic QoL issue. From the campfire chats, they seem to be talking about “adding” in this capability but who knows when that will be. Maybe you can pay for this “added feature” in the Expansion.

1 Like

Loadouts, Matchmaking/Group Finder, Loot Filter, Character Planner, and Testing Grounds should all have been part of the Base game at Launch. These are the bare minimum entrypoints to an ARPG now.

4 Likes

:100:

Well said! This so much.

Turns out, they are not. D4 devs need to get their heads out their :poop: holes already

Which A-RPGs other than Diablo 3 got a build saver?

• Lost Ark
  • Nioh
  • V Rising
  • Grim Dawn (with mod)
  • WoW (not an ARPG but Dark Souls isn’t but technically classified as one)

All off the top of my head. The fact Diablo 3 has it and D4 does not is a problem. I find it funny that they are leaning more heavily into Trading (which the RMAH killed D3 after its release until RoS and console release) than one of the most frequently requested features that is simply a QoL improvement.

Games that try to have you commit to a build almost all end up having mods, console commands, or updates added later for respeccing. Pissy Diablo devs learned this with their Torchlight baby. With LE this is asked for often. PoE is a elitist debacle morphed to have a League Start and is absolutely punishing for newer players or experimenting.

It’s coming guys! Small game company new to making games! Just give them time!

1 Like

I made an alt of the same class to do that, but I stopped once I realized I would have to level up all my glyphs again.

This needs to be a thing.

No, actually not. But they are working on an armoury to save builds.
I think it will come in s7.

2 Likes

Was it s7, couldn’t remember what they said thought was more father down the line.

S7 was just my own guess. :wink:
I think they haven’t said when it will be ready.

1 Like

The only thing they said was it will not be with S6 and the expansion but after.