Is there a fix?

Hi all,

I am playing on Xbox Series X and the game has been crashing non-stop on season 4. I played for an hour and a half last night and dropped 4 to 5 times. The buddy I was playing with, did not drop one time. He is also on Xbox. Does anyone know a solution to this?

I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling, but that did not work.

Please help if so.

Thanks,

Aculac

When you say “crashing”, do you mean the game client crashed, or did you get disconnected?

Hi Zefre,

While playing the game, it will freeze and send me back to the Xbox dashboard and at times it has restarted the Xbox after freezing mid-game. When trying to load the game again, it will try to load and then the load will fail. I have to try load the game several times and eventually it will allow me to load in, but eventually it will fail and freeze up again. I do not seem to loose internet connection, because I am still in the party chat with the person I am playing with. This is the only game I have that does this and it has started during this new season of D4.

Thank you for responding.

Aculac

I play on Xbox Series X and this has not been happening to me. I recommend a few troubleshooting steps:

  • If you’re using Quick Resume for the game, stop doing so. Clean boot the game each time.
  • Clear your console’s cache.
  • If the issues still persist, create and test with a brand new character. If the issue happens with them as well, delete and do a clean install of the game.
  • If that doesn’t work, you can reset your console back to factory default settings (keep your games and apps).
  • If that fails, you’ll want to reach out to Blizzard and/or Xbox Support.

I have not had this problem. Is your console perhaps in a location where it overheats?

Thank you all for the responses. The steps I have taken so far.

  1. I have cleared the consoles cache.
  2. Restarted the console. I did power cycle the console by turning it off and physically unplugging it for 30 seconds
  3. Uninstalled the game, restarted the console, and then did a clean install of the game.

I have not reset the console settings back to factory settings yet, nor have not tried a new character. The console sits on top of my desk in my office, so overheating should not be the issue.

I do play on another Xbox Series X in a different room, using the game share feature. Wondered if this has something to do with it.

I may have to reach out to Xbox Support or Blizzard to see if they have any suggestions.

Thanks again,
Aculac

It shouldn’t. While I primarily play on my Xbox Series X in my family room, I also play on my Xbox One X in the guest room. No issues on my end thus far.

I would recommend testing with a new character. If all’s fine there, it means there’s something specifically wrong with your current character and it may be something on Blizzard’s server-end.

If the problem persists, very likely it’s something on your end. I’d then reset the console to factory defaults (but keep your games and apps). There’s only a few options you’d need to reconfigure after, so it’s much less of a pain then you’d think, but still something you should only do as a near-last resort.

If that doesn’t work, Xbox Support is likely who you’ll need to speak with.

Regardless, let us know what happens, and I hope things get resolved.

Juxtapose,

I appreciate you helping out. I didn’t check the quick resume option at first, because I never use that. It was on quick resume. I must have selected that by accident. So far it is working great.

Thank you for your time and help. I have been out of town so I was just now really able to trouble shoot.

Thanks again and I hope all is well.

Aculac

1 Like

Glad you got things fixed!

Quick Resume is a great feature, but it has issues for always online games (for obvious reasons).

Overall, I always recommend properly exiting a game so it’s not using Quick Resume, this way it clean-boots when you start it again.

It might take a bit longer to load, but with SSD’s, it’s not a huge wait.

Hi there found this thread open and wondered if I can get some help.

I have a similar issue with my series x. The game won’t move pass the “press any button” screen on my series x, but will run on my Xbox on in the spare room!

I have done a whole console factory reset and console update, but nothing is working. Wonder if you have any insight into this?