Is it worth it to pay 20 dollars more to start 4 days early?

Is it worth it to pay 20 dollars more to start 4 days early?

Thoughts?

1 Like

I would say yes and no. Yes because maybe there will be a chance of not being in a 2 hour queue on June 2nd. And no because you will be sitting in a 2 hour queue on June 6th.

Also no seasonal content at launch, so really your not missing anything by waiting except queue times.

2 Likes

Only if you feel like you are competing with your friends in some imaginary competition to be first to x or what not. Or if you are impatient and want to play asap…like I am.

I played enough of the beta for me to easily have justified the price 2x over.

5 Likes

Thats entirely up to you. Can you afford the money?

Why do people ask this. $20 too you is different than $20 for everyone else.

3 Likes

Wait, i thought the 4 days early access is what we just had over the weekend, does it also let people play the game 4 days before the official launch day?

1 Like

You know, a combo at Burger King is almost $10. And then after you eat that soggy, vapid scorched cardboard burger that looks nothing like the advertisement where the tomato was spritzed with water and layered with crisp lettuce and perfectly placed cheese, you are left wondering, why did I eat that, and why did I pay $10 for such disappointment?

On one hand, I’d say I’ve spent $20 an far worse. Otoh, you have to accept that it may be a ticket for disappointment/frustration, especially if you’re likely to just be buying the ability to be super angry that you spent $20 extra and can’t even get on line to play.

Life’s too short, enjoy the ride while the motor runs.

3 Likes

ANY pre-purchase of Diablo 4 had access to the Early Open Beta this past weekend.

People who get one of the expensive versions of the game get a couple day early start in June at game release.

So, get to sit in queues while Blizz works out the tech maybe? No Seasons/Battlepass stuff is going to be released yet so there is no competition except people’s own personal goals.

7 Likes

You will probably be sitting in a queue those days. So maybe not?

2 Likes

It depends on your lifestyle.

If you’re the kind of player that can and wants to sink a lot of hours into this game, and get a head start, than hell yea it’s worth it.

If you don’t have the kind of time you’d need to make 4 days matter in the long run, than it’s not worth it at all.

1 Like

They won’t be able to log in and play so it doesn’t really matter. Launch will certainly be a disaster.

2 Likes

Ok, so I told my wife (for whom I’d purchased the $70 version like mine) about this thread and she just was like “I did! I want the mount!” I was like, “You spent the extra $20?” She was like “Hell yea! I WANT THOSE MOUNTS. I spent the $30!” So there you go. She played the beta, enjoyed it enough to bump it up.

7 Likes

It depends on if $20 is a lot of money for you . Personally I allot entertainment money out of the pay check and it goes to what ever floats my boat, It’s all a matter of if you can afford it or if you just want to jump into the game before the mad house begins , To each their own, Personally I got the big version just because . I would have purchased a real CE if they had put out a real physical copy like all their other games of the past . The one for D4 just seemed like a money grab and decided not to get it.

1 Like

I just want to play asap, I wont rush or care about beating anyone, I just wanne play,
and since I would be getting the battlepass anyway, it would be only $10 more, and for me $10 is worth it for playing 4 days earlier and get some extra stuff.

4 Likes

Blizzard: D4 is not pay to win.
Also Blizzard: You can now pay extra money to gain 4 day early play before official launch to farm items and upgrade them so when new players starts 4 days later you can easily PvP them. LOL.

3 Likes

I pay like 30-40 bucks on a movie with food so the extra 20 bucks to start early with some friends is not a bad gig plus it gives me more time to explore the other 2 characters while everyone else is still trying to figure out the first 3.

2 Likes

While I abhor the notions of both battle passes and paid early access mechanics…

$20 nowadays barely gets you a movie ticket and popcorn for ~3 hours of enjoyment if it’s a longer movie… It’d get me 2-3 drinks at a bar… or it’d get me 4 days of early access to get my self out of the starting zone ASAP and (given my tendency to “no life” game launches) probably a good 30 hours of entertainment I wouldn’t otherwise have… Hardly the worst investment I’ll make with my money this year.

2 Likes

I don’t buy into the marketing gimmick.

The game releases on June 2nd. Then it goes on sale June 6th, but you have to have opted into the sale before then. But yeah, the game release is 6/2, not 6/6.

2 Likes

For me, yeah it is worth it.
For you? Only you can decide that.

I’m working, so not for me it isn’t. If I was all I’d probably say yes…