Is it possible for Lacerate to refund cd and stop when there are no enemies?

Is it possible for Lacerate to refund cd and stop when there are no enemies in range ?

So if you cast it and there are 0 enemies you can recast it to stop or it stops by itself (after 1 second min) and it refund cooldown based on the number of hit.

The original point was to be able to stop it if your enemy left during your cast but it would feel bad to have it on cd for nothing I guess ?

So if it would refund just a portion of the cd that would make it more enjoyable and if you could recast it, the skill would feel less “passive” I guess. Since the skill is about turning into a wolf and attacking really fast, you don’t actually have this feeling since you don’t do anything.
Having the abillity to stop it and use it more often and more carefully would help with that I think.

The only way for this to happen is for Lacerate to require a target in range so it can activate. I don’t think that’s a good thing. Considering Lacerate can proc the Unique ring.

Why do you say that ?
That’s not what I said, I’m not sure I understand what you mean.

Do you say that because it would not be balanced or for a technical issue ?

Barbarian has a skill called “Iron Skin.” You can’t activate that skill. Iron Skin is only available when you have less than 100% health. There’s aspect that affects Iron Skin. Can’t use those aspect unless the player lost health.
I’m saying that IF blizzard made Lacerate require a target to activate, similar issues will happen.
I can’t see any possible reason anyone would accidentally use Lacerate when there’s no monsters on the screen.

What I mean is you can use Lacerate on a target or multiple and then those targets can run away just a the start at the animation.
You will be locked in place for 3 or 4s doing nothing as it won’t stop by itself.
So my problem is not that you need a target to activate it but if you are not hitting enemies to be able to stop it to not do nothing for like 2 or 3s.
It’s especially true when you are playing in group if your mates are killing these monsters, you will stuck in place.
So it’s not about Lacerate needing a target to activate but more about being able to stop it during the cast.

long time w/o playing druid , but cant u evade (space ) to avoid that animation lock?

This is also my experience.
Lacerate doesn’t function on multiple levels:

• The player gets stuck in a too long animation. If the targets are already dead because your friends killed them, then your bouncing around doing nothing. Compare this to the active ability of Ravens. You can also waste a cast, but then you can move on as a player. Your not locked into an animation.
  • Lacerate doesn’t deliver its damage in an efficient way. Again Ravens: the active ability does the same amount of damage on all creatures in the area of effect. Lacerate doesn’t do AEO damage but 12 quick attacks in succession. Not efficient and because of that the players looses control too long.
  • The spirit boon Calamity doesn’t seem to work (extends duration of ultimates by 25%).

Blizzard keeps coming with cheap solutions. Players keep explaining the skill doesn’t function. Its seems a never ending circle.

s4 changes :

• Damage increased by 22%.
  • Prime Lacerate
    • Previous - Lacerate hits Heal for 3% Maximum Life, doubled on Critical Strikes.
    • Now - Lacerate hits Heal for 3% Maximum Life, doubled on Critical Strikes. The first Critical Strike is guaranteed and deals 150% increased damage.
  • Supreme Lacerate
    • Previous - Lacerate’s initial strike is guaranteed to Critically Strike and deals 150% increased damage.
    • Now - Whenever Lacerate Critically Strikes, your Shapeshifting Skills deal 4% increased damage for 10 seconds, up to 40%.

is an “aoe” attack , that works on ST nicely all hits go to boss for example , it heals u while u are invul , and in S4 boost your dmg after it.

it has drawbacks ? yes the animation lock , but its the trade off for being inmune to dmg (same goes for Sorc ice ultimate too)

if anything i would like rogue to get a skill like that (call it killing spree :stuck_out_tongue: )

tbh all ultimates need to branch out , maybe an option to make lacerate 1 teleport to target + big hit (like shadow step )

that should be fixed

1- We can agree on the problem of being stuck
2- I actually don’t think Lacerate is about its damage but more an evade + sustain skill.
The damage and the 150% crit bonus are here to make it feels ok but I don’t really mind it not doing that much damage. And now there is a (up to) 40% bonus damage attached to it (SS skills)
3- I just tested on PTR and it seems I’m really hiting 13 times instead of 10 times

Lacerate is the only way i can beat the butcher. Because, if i remember right, the ability makes you immune for the duration. Also i like it that i have nothing to do for a very short time and still able to kill alot of enemy’s around me.
Or to escape when you get stuck.
Or at a boss if you expect big damage coming and are too late to evade.

Yes it’s good but you didn’t you didn’t answer on the topic.
Or maybe you would prefer to have the ability to recast it to stop it instead of it stopping by itself if there are no enemies around ?

I would love lacerate to be a companion ultimate skill. Instead of it affecting the player it affects our wolves.

This would:

1. the immunity keeps the wolves from dying easily along with the heal…which is a problem for wolves

2. the damage is a much needed thing for wolves; giving them some actual power instead of being a glorified stat buff (which they still would buff the player if you keep the crit to shapeshifter bonuses)

3. It provides some much needed movement since wolves tend to lag behind somewhat also

4. making it a pet based ultimate would add some much needed diversity to the skill tree and more pet support

1 Like

So a way for companions to also perform Lacerate when the player use the skill? That might be interesting.