Iron Maelstrom needs unstoppable

So I just died because my Iron Maelstrom takes away my ability to become unstoppable. In a game where your character can easily be chain stunned/frozen/whatever for 4+ seconds, this seems very bad and is unprecedented for any Ult.
Given no other Ult takes away the players ability to defend themselves against CC I think this either requires to trigger Unstoppable for a couple seconds or not take away the entire bar of abilities that would allow the players to do so.

1 Like

100% agree - no reason it needs to take over all skills. It would be cool to pull off a proper combo and mix in all 3 swing between other skills

You should be Unstoppable while casting Iron Maelstrom and 1 second after.

IM needs a complete rework. Its effects are not unique enough to sacrifice Ultimate Damage Affix on Weapons and Gems. I am not sure exactly which build it synergizes with but rather is something you take by itself. It is not good enough to be really considered a Primary Damage skill, so you have a Secondary Damage skill you need to waste Affixes and Gems on for it to not be terrible by comparison.

Is IM supposed to be a Bleed Skill? If so, why the clunky Direct Damage portions and why does the Bleed kind of suck compared to Rend? The Skill guaranteed Overpower Bleeding enemies would at least give you a Gushing Wounds proc.

Is it only used to trigger WA whose buff expires after 10 seconds? Well, getting the CD down to even close to that requires Marshal, CDR cap, Tactical Ground Stomp (with 100,000 Steps to give you an additional Stomp), and spamming your Skills.

This has to be the least taken Skill, definitely Ultimate by a wide margin. I would bet that Wrath of the Berserker is sitting at somewhere between 85 and 90% of players who pick an Ultimate.

Yep, that is the risk of using that ability. It’s a three-step process and it’s always dangerous to stand still in a spot and do all the needed steps. Risk vs Reward.
You can still move around/evade between steps, but of course not if you’re frozen or stunned etc.

I like it, it gives the game a little bit more feel of danger. You make a tactical decision to activate the ability or not. If you plan to use it (like I do on one of my Barbs) then you need to plan ahead.

The game is already way way way way way way way way way to easy, at least using this ability you have to plan ahead just a tiny bit before using it :slight_smile:

I always pop Rallying Cry before I use Maelstrom. It’s part of my Maelstrom build overall and that solves the tactical issue of getting stuck during the process should some mob stun or freeze you during casting etc. etc.

Everything has a trade off, and that is what makes builds fun!
Take care now.

Iron Maelstrom should grant Unstoppable for 3 seconds when cast. Just so people don’t abuse walking around Unstoppable without using the rest of the skill.

The “Reward” does not justify the Risk. It deals less damage, damage per second, and requires more investment than just spamming Core Skills. Can you use it with those? Sure, but WoTB gives you a bigger boost to overshadow whatever damage you might gain from IM itself.

There really isn’t any “Risk” if you just pop Rallying Cry or Iron Skin before you use IM.

This does not make a build “fun” or exciting.

But no other ability has that risk. Why single out this one? Makes no sense whatsoever. If you think the game is too easy, just play only blue gear then or something, as it has nothing to do with the problem at hand