Incoming Balance Client Patch

For sure, but D3 in my experience had a lot of build diversity. Hopefully in the actual seasons can shift the meta and add some of that diversity. Currently it feels very narrow. Like you have to use these certain skills or you can’t progress, which begs the question, why did they bother developing the other skills.

This and very low monster density in the outside for what’s needed to make aoe builds feel good. Everything feels clunky and weak; even after 50 hours played. Even sorc now; which is probably the best leveler.

1 Like

God, just dont nerf barb third time…

1 Like

Yeah I already quit barb at level 51 because I was fed up at how god awful and slow it is while playing solo. Maybe it’s fine in groups, but they don’t have a group finder…

meesa lightning sorc too…my title is “Magic Rubbish” It started as a joke, now it’s an accurate description

And barb according to all the tier lists is supposedly one of the strongest at that level. All the classes are feeling super weak.

2 Likes

It’s theoretically good in groups, but solo it just fails because density sucks so much. Not enough mobs to keep WW up. Maybe at level 100 that’s different. But at level 51, you’d think there would be some advancement from the clunk fest, but no. And no end in sight, so I dropped it.

They will for sure it’s the Barb we talk about and not the Rogue :slight_smile: .

That’s how you decided to post your very first post? Do you understand how a question works? I asked him a question: for what? Not blindly saying dumb ish that has no logic like the post I was commenting on.

For sure, it feels real bad. I’ve been playing a lot of last epoch lately, and coming from that in D4 WW or spin to feels so awful. They went for this super heavy resource management system in D4 and it really doesn’t feel good.

1 Like

I think a lot/most people feel weak going into nightmare because you suddenly need a more optimized build (both defensively and offensively) for it to feel good and you don’t really have the tools to reliably optimize that quickly.

Stat re-rolling on sacred+ gear requires helltide mats. It’s also a very tedious process as the game doesn’t show you stat roll ranges or even show in-game what stats you can roll.

Codex powers are always minimum rolls and not all builds use that many of them.

You can’t move tier 1 aspects onto sacred+ gear so you either have to use minimum rolled codex powers on your new sacred+ gear, skip using sacred+ gear for awhile in slots you’re using for an important aspect, or get lucky with drops.

Respecing if your build isn’t doing well is tedious not just because of cost and the actual skill respec process, but because changing builds and doing well with that new build may depend on entirely different aspects and gear management is very basic and annoying in this game. There isn’t even a stash search feature and we have very limited stash space.

Also resource management options early on suck and getting the right stats or powers to fix it isn’t something that’s guaranteed to happen right away. They should buff things like umbral so the codex version is better IE: 2/3/4/5 instead of 1/2/3/4.

1 Like

The out of resources constantly is ****ing awful feeling…even at level 50.

Maybe it can be fixed by stacking only mana stats in the 20,000 different affixes on my gear.

2 Likes

The entire gear system IMHO is hot garbage. Seriously…I mean that…every aspect of it.

Too many affixes

Affixes not clearly explained

You effectively need to craft your gear and not find it

Legendary affixes are also completely uninteresting…

Good legendary affix:

XX% chance for Chain Lightning to jump to three additional targets.

Bad legendary affix (also known as D4):

3% chance to do 2% increased damage to vulnerable mobs that are nearby and unhealthy on Tuesdays after 4 pm GMT.

4 Likes

Completely agree, the numbers are so small and ineffective. I also hate that the legendary “aspects” are essentially interchangeable. I can get a helm and gloves drop with the same affix, which turns out to be super disappointing. I’ve literally had back to back legendaries drop for two different slots with the same affix, which sucks. It should be something you get excited about.

In other games I’ll stop as soon as I can to check my legendaries that drop. In this game it’s all about removing and switching the affixes so I’m not motivated to even look at them until I have to go back to town. The whole dopamine hit is honestly ruined.

Is the shout reduction ring power bugged? It says reduce max up to 12 seconds, but it only reduces to 6 seconds even thought there’s more than 1 enemy nearby.

In closed beta a lot of resource hungry specs could be fixed with the Umbral aspect on a ring without having to as heavily optimize other stats like resource gen and cost reduction or CDR.

Tornado druid speced into slow tornado, a bunch of sorc specs, WW barb speced into bleed slows etc.

Not sure if it works as well now as it did then as it proced on every application of any cc at the time, including slow/chill, but on live I haven’t actually found Umbral as a drop in 56 levels so I haven’t been able to test it on anything. As a codex power it only gives +1 resource per cc application, which is barely noticeable, but 2-4 can make a huge difference or in AoE situations even just keep your bar full the entire time.

It’s so HC players don’t get DC in the middle of a boss fight all because the servers are down.

barb shout related nerf damn

2 Likes