In response to “Players have no patience”

You’re correct, there are a lot of games like that. From my experience, there are a lot of caveats to that.

I 100% agree that good games are complete upon release. God of War, Tsushima, Horizon, etc.

I also agree that focusing on MTX shifts the focus away from “quality content”. I blame this on all the “tee hee hee, i liek ur sparkling bunny boots” people who play games for the sole purpose of dressing up, loitering in public places under the illusion that others are wooing over them who will spend an absurd amount of money because they thrive off this type of social validation.

i always hated this “just get some patience” argument whenever someone says it, its like they forget we are mortals and have hearts.

this is what xbox one from 2014 to 2020 felt like, same with xbox series x… over promising on stuff and NEVER delivering anything

thats 10 years of waiting for some game to drop that doesn’t suck (in terms of microsoft gaming), 10 years of someone’s life wasted on promises made in gaming events and interviews

imagine the nerve on these people “just wait… just wait” bro the avg human lives for 80 years… 10 years of that was wasted on xbox looking at the menu screen wondering why there isn’t a single game worth to play

What do you feel was promised for Xbox but never delivered?

I understand games do take a lot longer to make now-a-days than they did when I was a kid playing NES. Back then, you could release a new sequel the same year if you wanted and it would be good. Now, good games take a decade just to make.

you can google it bud, its the reason why ps4 and ps5 sell 3 times more than xbox, when someone buys an xbox, they give it off to their family because after about 6 months of trying to find a game to play, you realize the entire platform is bad

xbox game pass has something like 300-400 games, but the only game people do play (xbox top 50 games) is really just “forza horizon” which is like an open world gran turismo, more casual and arcady

the rest of the games… just die after 2 weeks to a month of being released

I was asking specifically what you thought they promised and didn’t deliver. It’s such a broad statement.

I have both a Series X and PS5. I loved Game Pass. I played both Ori games, Dead Cells, Doom, Forza 5 (not a motorsport fan), Halo Infinite, Hellblade, Hollow Knight, RTX Quake, Fallen Order, Shredder’s Revenge, Texas Chainsaw, Wolfenstein… didn’t play Starfield yet.

Try Pentiment, it is fun if you like narrative heavy games. Just randomly tried it one day and got drawn in.
Also Citizen Sleeper. Definitely not action games but enjoyable.

1 Like

It is not cause the platform is bad, it is because it is basically a PC, and you can do anything you can do on an Xbox on a pc. I had both, and I gave my xbox1 to my nephew back then because he just got to the age where he started liking video games more. But to me it was because I could not get PS games on my pc back then, I parted with the xbone.
Gamepass on PC is a great offering.

I appreciate the suggestions. Always looking for that next fix!