Improve Tempering - Remove the tempering limits. Instead set a limit on the roll of stats

I have bricked a number of 2GA and 3GA gears. It was painful. My kids bricked a few and was very disappointed. Now they just stopped playing (which is somewhat good from a parent’s perspective). I would suggest the following changes to improve the tempering system.

First, remove the number of tempering tries. Just increase the cost of tempering after 5 free tries - either by requiring more gold or more of some specific mats. The player will then be asked to confirm if this is the affix that they want. Then the affix will be permanently fused to the gear after the confirmation.

Second, after getting the affix that is desired, the player will proceed to roll for the stats. The number of rolls will be set to 5 tries for each affix.

Under this mechanic, the item will never be bricked and will only be sub-optimal (i.e., lower stats).

Views?

My view is that adding complexity to an in-town game system distracts from playing the game itself.
Also tempering ia wonderful but bricking an item is the worst.

soooo your post wants you to keep your kids playing? diablo 4 is still a game for adults. people that can take rng. its kinda weird you borught that into your post.

my view is, keep temper limits. the increased limit per GA is a good suggestion which is happening in s5.

Forgot to mention that my kids are in their mid-20s. So not that “kiddy” anymore. :rofl:

1 Like

I can see one improvement, separating some manuals that have 6 affixes on them, so one manual doesn’t have more than 4 affixes on them.

1 Like

Yep.
Move the tempering affixes back to when the item drops.
Items should not come from clicking an NPC in town.
They should come from the carcasses of my slain enemies.

1 Like