I'm actually done

A single 4096x4096 R8G8B8 texture takes up 48MB of vram after decompression(on drive, they are stored in a compressed format). Your average model is going to have at least three of those: Albedo, normal and a mask pack or two. You’re looking at roughly 9-12 8bit channels worth of textures per model. At 4096x4096, that’s up to 192MB per model, with 2048x2048 textures, that’s up to 48MB per model. Then, you have to factor in landscape textures, lightmaps, decals, meshes, particle effects, etc. I won’t go into all that, but it takes up a crapload of vram. Not sure if D4 uses similar systems, but there are some things that can help VRAM consumption from getting out of hand like runtime or streaming virtual textures(engines like UE4/5 have them).

Anyways, this is a long-winded way of saying that having a PBR shaded+seamless open world game, with a diverse variety in biomes, gobbles up ram… Oh and texture pooling: You keep a lot fresh of textures in ram to prevent the latency of having to reload them again and then eventually run garbage collection to get rid of assets that haven’t been used after some amount of time. Unused ram/vram is a waste, by the way.

Limit max framerate to 60 and the game will feel much smoother. It is nice to flex a high framerate with VRR, but it eats VRAM like candy. Cap it at 60 and the VRAM usage will take a long time to be maxed out.

There are even $5 games more interesting than D4.
That means a lot.

1 Like

I bought an RTX3080 to play 4k @ 60fps as much as possible. Downgrading back to a last gen resolution of 2k doesn’t qualify as a fix in my book.

RX 590 over here, no probs 1080 ultra wide.

The solution that fixed it for me:

• Set Texture Quality to High (was running on Ultra)
  • Turn off Dynamic Shadows
  • Turn off Soft Shadows
  • Limit Max Foreground FPS to 110

Haven’t got a single Crash since.

My PC specs:
12900KS
RTX 4080
32gb DDR5
Corsair 1600i PSU

D3 is awesome dude. Don’t dare drag D3’s fine name into anything having to do with D4. D4 is a steaming pile of crap compared to D3.

3 Likes

D3 is garbage mess

1 Like

Yes, a real keyboard warrior…

Not sure whats going on here, but for the most the game runs well on PC? I have a Alienware Laptop which only has a 2070 (mobile version) in it, and am running an outboard 3440x1440 (Ultrawide) and generally have between 90-120 frames consistantly?

Maybe you should empty your p0rn folder which is giving your PC aids, and then have another go.

Even if it runs well it doesn’t solve the boredom.

One of the funniest things about this D4 debacle is how people are now trying to paint D3 as some kind of masterpiece that’s the gold standard for ARPGs because D3 is better than D4. No it’s still a dumpster fire, just not as much of one as D4.

I’m kinda curious, I play on a laptop with a 2070RTX and i have no problems.
But i did not down load the high def version. My laptop also serves as a coffee warmer too. lol But it chugs along.

I am done 2 - all these messages about ppl being done - while I am having fun - like - I am done with these ppl - its a $90 purchase - do u whine this much about a parking fine?

The game is a console port, PC gamers were an afterthought.

1 Like

No because most of us accept a parking ticket is OUR fault not the fault from the devs which is totally beyond our control.

Nice you having fun accept then that a lot of us don’t and we want make our opinion heard … don’t like it feel free not to click on the topic.

My ARPG group now always refer to this game as DINO (Diablo In Name Only)

“You have consoles don’t you?” ~ Blizzard (probably)

Mobile game ported to both console and PC. IMO. servers are 100% mobile servers.

1 Like